2002 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
I trust over any new car.
By mommame on 11/19/13 15:59 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a new car and had so many problems. Hard to work and picture it being a throw away car like some. I decided to go backwards to a 2002 V6 that reminds me more of the days a person could work on a car..HAHAHA There are some people who have these cars and they are over 200,000 miles. When you buy something at this age remember it may need a couple things. Don't gripe about it. Do your homework. Some people beat the Hell out of them. I happen to get mine from an older man in his 60's who took care of it.

Beastly, Rock Solid, and Efficient
By blackmetalwolf on 06/03/13 20:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had experience driving all sorts of vehicles, and I can say without a doubt that my 2002 Ford Mustang GT is among the best of the best in almost all categories. For starters, it's a Mustang, an American icon. Now take that image, add 260 stock horsepower and you've got a beast of a car. Not only is it powerful, it gets surprisingly great mileage; mine is getting roughly 26 mpg highway. The thing is also built like a tank; I haven't had any mechanical issues other than routine maintenance. The only issues are low seating capacity and cargo room, but hey, you don't get a Mustang in place of an SUV, do you?

02 GT convertible Good & Bad.... For 2012
By flashycarluv on 07/26/12 08:37 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

ive had the car for almost 2 years and have had 3 engines in it., Driver window fail, fuel pump failed, CD player failed and the transmission has small leak. i love the car& dont really plan on ever selling. but its not recommended for a daily driver, its not very reliable but its 10+ years old. But for a fun top down weekend warrior its great. and its idea for customization. I know more than 10 people with the same style mustang GT, and they have problems too, but still love them. if you buy one I recommend having $2-3k set aside for future repairs. MPG isnt great either I average 15MPG combined... But it works for me because I only drive the car maybe once a month.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Cindy on 02/05/10 07:40 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my convertible. Fun to drive and enjoy the power. If you have more than one child, makes for a challenge if they want to take friends somewhere. Not much trunk space. Looks good and sounds even better. Didn't buy the car for fuel efficiency, so gas mileage is not an issue for me. Multiple CD changer and sound system add to it's appeal. Convertible top easy to operate.

Old guy with used Mustang
By miamimykle on 11/11/09 08:37 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought my self a midlife crisis treat, a 2002 Mustang GT convertible with a five speed manual tranny and all the bells and whistles available in 2002. I was sitting in the Corvette I was going to buy when it caught my eye. There isn't a mark on it inside or out and is, if I may use the term a freakin' rocket. The sound system is incredible! Yes, old guys still rock.....best thing I ever did for myself...if you don't have one, get one!

Fun Fun Fun!
By Lauren on 06/08/09 19:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my convertible GT in Febuary and fell in love. She had less than 25,000 miles on her when i bought it. Very reliable and very fun to drive. She really has some pick up and go! Not only is the convertible fun to drive, it's fun to play with as well! I have flowmaster mufflers, a cold air intake, and various other modifications. The cool thing about mustangs is that it's not just a car, it can be a hobby.

Love my Stang
By dcstang on 06/03/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a convertable for my long commutes home. This is real therapy. I love my car- it has been very reliable. No problems AT ALL from 60-110,000 miles I've had it. Soon it will need some maintanence, but probably expected. Gas mileage could be better, but it's an older car with a TON of power under the hood. Pretty comfortable, but the back seat is impractical for adult use. I think only small kids actually fit. Good sized trunk for the size of the car and it always feels safe. I like the traction control feature and the handling is superb. It's an easy ride, although mine is a little loud which makes it difficult to hear sometimes. It's been a great ride and lots of fun!

Can't go wrong with American Muscle
By Riddick on 04/30/09 01:16 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Girlfriend and I recently purchased the GT with less then 70,000 miles. Engine runs as good as anyone I have ever driven. The power is NICE! Don't have to worry about passing traffic or getting on the freeway. It's nice knowing those 300 pounds of torque are ready on tap anytime you need them. The car looks great with the top down and sure is a head turner where ever we go. For a 2002 model this car can almost kick the living crap out of any other car on the road when it comes to racing. 260 horse power and 302 pounds of torque well you get the picture. 0-60 in 5.4 secs and a quater mile time of 14.00 at 101 miles an hour, well that sure beats most imports by a mile even in 2009.

Dark Horse
By James Little on 01/07/09 08:05 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang used. I have always loved the Mustangs. The only problem I had with mine is somebody changed the rear end oil and didnt seal it properly. I had to replace the gears and lsd. I replaced the 3.27s with 3.55s. Amazing. I have alot of mods: intake, exhaust, gears, suspension, rims, tires, shifter, audio, hand held tuner. The car responds well to mods. Through on an Eibach Pro System Plus Kit with good tires and the handling becomes go kart like. I recommend buying a Swarr Bar for the rear axles if you have a GT. This will make the car more predictable on take off and in corners. Only true problem I have had is the traction control kicking in too fast. I just turn it off.

Fun to drive/poor quality
By BOB on 05/20/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car in 2005 with 33,000 miles. fun to drive but gets the same, 20/22 mpg,in city or highway driving. Needs on more high end gear ratio so car doesn't stop when you take your foot off gas. Interior quality is poor. Automatic door lock don't work and the plastic trim is falling off. I live in AZ. and the air conditioner is very poor in hot weather. Car overheats, and a really big drag on the engine.