Used 2002 Ford Mustang Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Decent Ride
By Adam

2002 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

2nd owner at 40k. Sold at 72k. In my short time with the car I had no problems at all. It drove well and the only things I had to do were oil changes, battery died, and tires. I liked the look of the car. Interior was all leather and matched the car well. Only reason I got rid of it was because I live in NY and I can't stand driving it in the winter. Its RWD, and even with brand new snow tires and bags in the trunk it was still iffy. As far as driving it, it rode fairly smooth. needed a wheel alignment towards the end of my ownership so it got a little shaky but nothing terrible. I will say this though. I owned an automatic v6 3.8l and it was not fast at all. grab the GT stick if u wantspeed

Favorite Features

leather interior. reliability. looks. sound system (mach stereo 6cd) rocked.

Suggested Improvements

only complaints I have is with the v6 automatic. grab the v8 if you want something with power because the v6 did not do it for me.

2k2 Ford Mustang 3.8v6
By Justin G

2002 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

All in all, Ford has put out a decent enough commuter vehicle and/or 'fun- car'. As an owner of the 2k2 Mustang, I can say that its stock performance alone leaves you a bit wanting... you LOOK fast, but you're comparatively slow. However, very little money needs to be put in to make this a sleek and stylish vehicle for your everyday use (Namely, window tinting). And for those of you who plan to put some money into your 'stang, the modification possibilities are incredibly vast... so you can truly make your 'stang personalized.

Favorite Features

Basic exterior design is immaculate in my opinion, though the rear seats might as well make for an extended trunk, because anyone over four foot five simply wont fit back there with average size human beings in the front seats. For what it is, though, its a solid vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

If you have a lot of the green stuff, though... a Supercharger kit would turn you into a lethal sleeper, kicking your RWHP (Rear Wheel Horsepower) up from 193 to about 340. And yeah, that will tear up any non-charged GT, Cobra, Camaro, or 'vette.