Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Beastly, Rock Solid, and Efficient
By blackmetalwolf

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had experience driving all sorts of vehicles, and I can say without a doubt that my 2002 Ford Mustang GT is among the best of the best in almost all categories. For starters, it's a Mustang, an American icon. Now take that image, add 260 stock horsepower and you've got a beast of a car. Not only is it powerful, it gets surprisingly great mileage; mine is getting roughly 26 mpg highway. The thing is also built like a tank; I haven't had any mechanical issues other than routine maintenance. The only issues are low seating capacity and cargo room, but hey, you don't get a Mustang in place of an SUV, do you?

02 GT convertible Good & Bad.... For 2012
By flashycarluv

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

ive had the car for almost 2 years and have had 3 engines in it., Driver window fail, fuel pump failed, CD player failed and the transmission has small leak. i love the car& dont really plan on ever selling. but its not recommended for a daily driver, its not very reliable but its 10+ years old. But for a fun top down weekend warrior its great. and its idea for customization. I know more than 10 people with the same style mustang GT, and they have problems too, but still love them. if you buy one I recommend having $2-3k set aside for future repairs. MPG isnt great either I average 15MPG combined... But it works for me because I only drive the car maybe once a month.

Sound of the V8, Convertible Top, Turning off the traction control and having some fun...

The car is 10years old so most of the issues have been addressed in newer models.... Which the front seats dont go back and recline far enough, more power, better MPGs...the very uncomfortable seats, and cheap materials... and only time will tell if they remain reliable as they get older.

Old guy with used Mustang
By miamimykle

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought my self a midlife crisis treat, a 2002 Mustang GT convertible with a five speed manual tranny and all the bells and whistles available in 2002. I was sitting in the Corvette I was going to buy when it caught my eye. There isn't a mark on it inside or out and is, if I may use the term a freakin' rocket. The sound system is incredible! Yes, old guys still rock.....best thing I ever did for myself...if you don't have one, get one!