2002 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2002 Mustang Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Lots of Fun!!
By Matt

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Quick and Fun! 78,000km on it & running strong. Good power, runs 5.4 seconds 0-60 stock. Responds well to modifications. Very comfortable seats, although not sporty feeling or looking. Interior is basic. Exterior looks fantastic. Bullitt rims are a must. Stereo has good bass and overall sound. Good on gas, for what it is. Best is 28.1 MPG highway. Worst is 17.9 all city. Average is 22 mpg, getting on it here and there. Sounds WICKED with full exhaust (I have a MAC Prochamber and Flowmasters). Lots & lots of compliments on sound & looks. Word to the wise: Check the transmission well before buying; this is a weakspot in alot of models. I would highly recommend this car! No problems.

Favorite Features

- FUN to drive!! - Decent power level - HUGE aftermarket following - Exterior looks awesome - Good stereo (MACH 460) - Rear wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

- Better transmission (many people have problems, although I have not) - More power (atleast 300hp instead of 260hp) - Brighter headlights - Stock tires pick up ALOT of nails

1st Mustang
By 1st Mustang

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i love driving this car, it has plenty of get up and go and at only 19000 miles is bone stock very well taken care of by the previous owner, beautiful torch red paint, bullitt wheels, and spotless inside and out, what a great find.

Favorite Features

looks great, 4.6 motor has plenty of power, auto trans shifts smoothly, growly stock exhaust, good tight feel

Suggested Improvements

suspension a little lumpy,could use just a few more horsepower, but still enough for myself!

OUTSTANDING
By KevinDK

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car just seems to fit me perfect. It reminds me of a cockpit actually. And man oh man does the car scream. I have loved Mustangs for years, and finally got one. Ford really does a good job with the stangs. A lot of people complain that it's pretty "normal" when it comes to features and luxuries.. Well it's a MUSCLE CAR, they aren't known for being like a Luxury car. They have less gadgets and more power. People who by Mustangs aren't concerned with such things, or gas mileage. For what it has, gas mileage is great however.

Favorite Features

POWER! RWD, the ability to turn traction control OFF. (It comes off unless it's raining..) Leather interior.. 6cd changer (Better than MOST 3rd party ones) Just over all bad-assed. Chicks dig em.

Suggested Improvements

Shorter throw shifter, maybe not have non-working hood scoop.. .Not much more I can really think of. The car is great.

Good Performance
By mustangboy

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love driving this car it is a dream come true. I have loved Mustangs since I was a little kid. I had a 97 v6 but it just wasn't enough so I got this one and it is amazing. Soon it will be able to run with its bigger brother the Cobra.

Favorite Features

I love the rumble of the exhuast and how it puts down the power to the ground.

Suggested Improvements

It should have had like 30-45 more horses

Roar
By Roar

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall this car is great for anyone. It doesnt have 350 horses under the hood but its got so giddy up. It's quick and always reliable. I have owned a Pontiac Trans-Am and this Mustang GT and by far I like driving the GT.

Favorite Features

Looks, quickness, stability, trac control and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more head room, I'm 6'1 and I have trouble seeing. Wish the brakes were bigger and wish it had about 30 mores horses under the hood.

Great Car
By Tim Smith

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang GT now for over a year. I bought this car based on a lot of the reviews I found on this very site, which led me to want to write my own. My review is this: What a great car! Haven't had a single issue since I purchased it. The V8 runs fantastic at 79,500. Car handles well and the ABS/traction control work great. The build quality is as advertised, excellent. No rust, no broken plastics, no faulty or cheap electronics. Everything works and works well. The Mach360 stereo rocks like the day it was made. The 6 cd changer acted a little funny the first time I used it but since then hasn't had a single problem (the person I bought the car from didn't use it.)

Favorite Features

The power, handling and stereo. Just a great production hot rod!

Suggested Improvements

The seat belt design stinks, but I learned to live with it. Ford's probably already dealt with this, so it's not much of a suggestion.

American Muscle Car
By Ricco

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Been in love with the car since I got it. Leather in great condition, seating comfortable, handling was great, performance was very good.

Favorite Features

Mach 460 6-CD changer sounds great. Traction control keeps the car from slipping in the rain.

Suggested Improvements

A fully loaded GT needs no improvement unless you're me. Knowing the potential of this car. Adding the mods I did would make you look at your 2002 Mustang GT and say "I love you"

Good Car
By Sean

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We had a 98 V-6 Mustang and this new GT blows it out of the water! Massive improvement on power compared to our old car. Too many people want to race us now! Ride comfort is good and it has a good sound system.

Favorite Features

V-8 rumble, manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Function to go with the hood scoop. That thing is useless.

A car guy's best friend
By MR. BIG JAY

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 02 GT in August of 04 and I'm loving it. I've had no problems mechanicaly or otherwise. I wish it had a little more handling than it does but the overall affect is awesome. I get about 24-26 mpg at around 70-75 mph which is just under 2000 rpm. I'm 6'4 305 lbs and I'll be the 1st to testify that this the sports car for us big guys. Imports are cool but a Miata or Integra are too small for someone my size

Favorite Features

V8 growl of my flomasters, bone chilling AC, RWD, defeatable, traction control, and fair gas mpg for a muscle car. And how well the car reacts to modifications

Suggested Improvements

Either the Ford racing suspenion ,or any Ford official licensed after market suspenion, bigger brakes, and better interior materials

A lot of bang for the money
By Brian

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2002 GT in March of 2007 after waiting many years to be able to afford one. This car is a real head turner in Laser Red with the factory 5 spoke aluminum rims. I have upgraded the exhaust with a set of Flowmaster 40's (mufflers) and the intake with a K&N cold air intake. Both aftermarket options cost about $500 installed and completely changed the car and woke it up. Would recommend these ad-ons to anyone. A real fun dependable fuel efficient car for the money. I bought the car with 49,000 miles on it and now have 57,000 and I have done nothing but change the oil and put rear brake pads on it.

Favorite Features

The performance & the sound of the exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for the driver and passenger. I am 6ft tall and even with the power seat back all the way I barely have enough leg room.