Used 2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Cindy

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my convertible. Fun to drive and enjoy the power. If you have more than one child, makes for a challenge if they want to take friends somewhere. Not much trunk space. Looks good and sounds even better. Didn't buy the car for fuel efficiency, so gas mileage is not an issue for me. Multiple CD changer and sound system add to it's appeal. Convertible top easy to operate.

Favorite Features

Stereo, convertible top, horse power

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space, more leg room in backseat, more efficient way for passengers to get in and out of backseat without having to duck under seatbelt.

Fun to drive/poor quality
By BOB

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car in 2005 with 33,000 miles. fun to drive but gets the same, 20/22 mpg,in city or highway driving. Needs on more high end gear ratio so car doesn't stop when you take your foot off gas. Interior quality is poor. Automatic door lock don't work and the plastic trim is falling off. I live in AZ. and the air conditioner is very poor in hot weather. Car overheats, and a really big drag on the engine.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Easy convertible top operation. 6 dish cd.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, my big Bonneville got better. Better air conditioner. Better interior quality.

Slow But Fun Stang Vert
By svt_god

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have a silver '02 v6, automatic Convertible which is so much fun to drive. But not a lot of get up and go from a stop, but has plenty of highway power. I should have either got the GT or a 5 speed for to dead stop power.

Favorite Features

Mach 6 Disc Changer. Smooth up and down of the top, no air leaks and no huge bubble.

Suggested Improvements

Beefier V6 or lower rear end gears. And gas mileage is horrible for a v6.

My 'stang is my buddy
By miamiu alum

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mustang. I only drive it in the Spring/Summer months. It doesn't go well on roads in SW Ohio in the Winter. I have a Ford Taurus I drive then. I do thoroughly love my car. The white finish and beige interior and accenting on the body is awesome. It's the pony I never got for my 4th birthday! ;-)

Favorite Features

Sound system and, of course, the convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more power, but I guess that is saved for the GT model. I don't care about the lack of trunk space. I don't need any when I cruise.

slow stang
By amazed24

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This mustang is awesome, (the convertible) except it has very slow pick-up rates. I seem to have to floor it for a few seconds before it even starts going fast. It is a little disappointing. Here's a tip:try not to use the air conditioning, because it drains the gas and lowers performance.

Favorite Features

soft-top, 6 disc cd (all load in dash board), mach stereo system with good output speakers

Suggested Improvements

needs more horsepower, better brake pads (preferably Titanium*) because leaves excess amounts of brake dust on rims