2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Fun, Fun, Fun
By Cindy on 02/05/10 07:40 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my convertible. Fun to drive and enjoy the power. If you have more than one child, makes for a challenge if they want to take friends somewhere. Not much trunk space. Looks good and sounds even better. Didn't buy the car for fuel efficiency, so gas mileage is not an issue for me. Multiple CD changer and sound system add to it's appeal. Convertible top easy to operate.

Fun to drive/poor quality
By BOB on 05/20/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car in 2005 with 33,000 miles. fun to drive but gets the same, 20/22 mpg,in city or highway driving. Needs on more high end gear ratio so car doesn't stop when you take your foot off gas. Interior quality is poor. Automatic door lock don't work and the plastic trim is falling off. I live in AZ. and the air conditioner is very poor in hot weather. Car overheats, and a really big drag on the engine.

Slow But Fun Stang Vert
By svt_god on 07/01/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have a silver '02 v6, automatic Convertible which is so much fun to drive. But not a lot of get up and go from a stop, but has plenty of highway power. I should have either got the GT or a 5 speed for to dead stop power.

My 'stang is my buddy
By miamiu alum on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mustang. I only drive it in the Spring/Summer months. It doesn't go well on roads in SW Ohio in the Winter. I have a Ford Taurus I drive then. I do thoroughly love my car. The white finish and beige interior and accenting on the body is awesome. It's the pony I never got for my 4th birthday! ;-)

slow stang
By amazed24 on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This mustang is awesome, (the convertible) except it has very slow pick-up rates. I seem to have to floor it for a few seconds before it even starts going fast. It is a little disappointing. Here's a tip:try not to use the air conditioning, because it drains the gas and lowers performance.

Best Top Down fun for the price
By Damian A. Durrant on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

You cannot get more fun in a car for under $25K. Sticks to the road, just enough torque to feel racy, and a great sound system, with a muscular, punchy styling. This car is solid and remains tight. One exception: squeeky windows that the dealer fixed. But not a single other problem since October 01. Essentially, Ford focused on the things a buyer like me wants, so there may be some paint runs under the trunk, but who cares? Do I wish it had about 40 more horsepower? Yes, its not quite as fast as its looks suggest, but that is being picky. Buy the GT for a few grand more if that is your concern. Overall, a surprisingly great buy.

You Get What You Pay For!
By Debideb on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a "fun" car. I find it a pleasure to drive, especially with the top down. The V6 is one of the best in it's class and has plenty of pep.If you want to race, buy the GT.Yes it has inadequate storage, that's not what it's built for! It's built for pleasure, not hauling the family.For the price,I don't think you can find a better looking, more reliable convertible.People might immediately shout Sebring.My answer, buy a Sebring if you LOVE your service mangager, because you'll be seeing alot of him.Been there, done that!Ford has done a good job of putting all of the essential options into an affordable package.

02 Mustang Premium Convertible
By Roger4751 on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Interior needs update, is old-fashioned looking. Gauge layout is blah. Seats have no lateral support.

My Baby Car
By MeepishKitten on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love everything about my car! It is thrilling to ride in it with my convertible down, I am a true convertible lover. My favorite view of my car is when I am looking at the rear lights especially at night matched with the light on my aftermarket rollbar. It is absolutely adorable! I love vrooming around in it and hearing the engine. It really turns heads and the leather interior is very comfortable. There are many mustang pony markings on my car. I like running my hand over the rised pony in the center of my steering wheel. If I could do it again would I still buy a mustang convertible? In a heartbeat.

Great Car!
By coloradodano on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, a very fun car. Jet black w/black interior looks sharp! Handles great, love the way it corners. The V6 is pretty good, and given the cost of insurance for the V8, it's very acceptable. The MACH sound system is fantastic!