2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Daily Drive
By scott221 on 06/25/13 20:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I finally don't need a family car and bought an 02 GT with 100K miles at age 50. It needed a little TLC. I added a radio, new COP's, a gear shift knob, + more. I love this car. I get better than 27mpg on the highway and 23-24 combined. The engine is smooth and has a higher power-to-weight ratio than any car or truck I have had. It took me a couple of months to tame this Pony. I changed the real seals, bearings, left axle, and c-clips. One c-clip broke and ground up inside the left axle causing that bearing to fail. The car is definitely a sports car. I have a Flowmaster catback and Nexen 3000 tires with Bullet rims. Other drivers taunt me on the road. I just smile and enjoy.

Great First Car
By stanggt915 on 01/30/13 09:35 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is such a cool car! A perfect blend of everything. Great styling, very reliable, comfy, big sound system, cool wheels, high modding potential, and it is quite quick. With the new Borla exhaust I added it now has incredible muscle car sound! For my first car I would have it no other way.

Dream Car
By fordmustang_27 on 04/21/11 18:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Simple put i'v wanted this car since i was ten years ole. A couple months before i was old enough to drive i finally bought her. I got a 2002 mustang gt 5 speed manuel. It's a beatiful shade of red that goes perfectly with the edgy body style it boosts. I bought her with 62,000 miles. In the 4 months I had her i already dropped 3 grand into her with tasteful modifications. i put slp headers, bassani cat back which sounds awesome. tint in the back and chrome salean 5 star lug wheels. Also a couple other chrome accesories and looks sick as hell. Car turns heads everywhere i go. I get so much attention for it and i love her. sound system sounds good and performance is great. Great car.

Fun Drive
By Robby on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 02 6cyl mustang and bought an 02 8 cyl mustang with the 5-speed transmission about a year after selling my 6 cyl. I got it when it had around 100,000 miles and have performed only routine maintenance in 10,000 miles. I was told it had the clutch replaced right before I bought it. I would recommend getting the 8cyl if you have the opportunity as it has been much more fun to drive. The trim was better shape than I would have expected for 100,000 miles. No leaks or rattles however my steering wheel and gear shifter were badly worn. I'm not sure if this was from the previous owner or if this is common. Mach 460 Stereo has great sound. Driver's seat is also comfortable.

192,000 miles and still strong
By Texas Pete on 07/30/10 19:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in '02 at a dealership where I worked as a tech. I have put 192k miles on this car with regular maintenance and a few performance tweaks. I still get 25 mpg with a 3.73 rear end gear and a five speed manual. The engine is as strong as when it was new. The only parts that failed outside of normal wear was the 6CD changer (twice) and the brake hydroboost unit which was still under warranty at the time. It has always been a solid, predictable performer. This is a sports car. It rides, handles, and acts like a sports car. It is not a dragster or a luxury boat. Long trips will hurt passengers.

modified gt
By krzylry on 02/11/10 13:37 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my '02 gt new as a retirement hot rod/project. It now is supercharged with 4:10 gears, drag radials, lowered suspension, modified exhaust, etc. Have done all the work myself and must say it has been a fun experience. This car will absolutely pull your head off and now handles like a slot car! Car is still dead reliable.

Only 2 small Complaints
By a1ibddd on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First and foremost, I love my '02 Mustang GT. This car is a blast to drive. I have never owned a car that I have just loved to drive without any particular destination. My only complaints with my Mustang: 1. The manual shifter is positioned to far forward to be comfortable for frequent shifting. It would be much more comfortable if the manual shifter was positioned at the first cup holder or even the second cup holder. 2. THAT INTERIOR BACK WINDOW IS A REAL...YOU KNOW WHAT TO CLEAN. :-) I'm really looking forward to the re- designed Mustang in '04 or '05.

Mustang Review
By Rotax33 on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Mustang Gt is a must have vehicle. Its 260 hp engine will wake up the kid in you quick. Great throttle response, speed and looks.