2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Faststang'01

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Deluxe Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Faststang'01
By Todd May on

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought her in APR of'02. The stock power grabbed ahold of me and never let go. Didn't lose a race. I have installed started to up grade. K&N FIPK,75mm throttle body/upper plenum, long tube heders with high flow cat's, Flow master cat back,4.10 gears, Hypertech power programmer and Micky Thompsons for the track. This season I have installed a tower strut brace and sub frame braces. For the street I run Good Year 245/45 ZR17 in. tires mounted on Replica BLT 17x9 chrome wheels. I just bought a Gtech performance meter to tell me my actual HP. I've done some paper calcs. and it was above 300 HP, pretty good for just bolt on mods. Not bad since she started at 260. I love her, my wife gets jealous.

The custom metalic pearl red with clear coat actualy changes color as you walk around her. I don't think the scoops are dorky as the editors comment posted. I have had comments from people thinking it was early model stang. When I fire her up I smile from ear to ear and heads turn everywhere.

I say don't do to much because then everyone can buy one but who's Mustang is it? With the mods I have done I know it is my stang and no one has one like it. I like being able to build on Fords beautiful design and go from there. Just one stang owners opinion.