2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: I'm happy with my choice

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Deluxe Convertible (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

I'm happy with my choice
By the real deal on

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had been shopping around for convertibles and one day I happened to stumble upon this one. I'm glad I went with this car because it was probably the best convertible with a decent amount of performance I've come across for my price range. I have an automatic model and prefer a manual transmission but because this car is so much fun to drive and it's my daily driver, I don't mind not having control of the gears. I've only had the car for less than a week and bought it with 86000 miles so I can't say much about reliability. It eats gas up in the city but you have to kind of expect that from a V8.

Stock it has plenty of power for the price (KBB is at about 11.6k right now), convertible is great on nice days, responds great to bolt-on performance parts with a tune, powerful stereo system, one of the best Mustang generations for exterior styling.

Shifter and radio feel far away, small backseats, seats are kind of stiff feeling(i have leather ones), could use a more powerful subwoofer.