2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: My 2001 Cobra is a total POS!

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

SVT Cobra Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

My 2001 Cobra is a total POS!
By Eric Westermeyer on

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First of all, do not buy a 2001 SVT Ford Mustang Cobra. The car has a bad knock/ping. The ping has been there since day one and Ford will not fix it. They put out an official statement that says pinging is normal. My car dynoed below Ford's acceptable HP and torque figures and has been in the shop for over 30 days of unscheduled maintenance in a year and a half. The transmission was replaced at 3,000 miles. The list goes on and on. Myself and my family will never buy a Ford product again. This includes any company that Ford owns, such as Mazda, Jaguar, etc. Ford, you sold me the worst car that I have ever owned and you do not honor warranties.

I just love how my car pings under light acceleration on premium fuel. And if you get into the throttle at all, it pings even worse. Using the air conditioning is out of the question.

Ha Ha...how about fix the "normal" pinging 2001 Cobras. You will lose customers over this issue!