Love the look, Unimpressed by the power
By Pete on
2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
Have had the car for 1 year and have put 5,000 miles on it. My experience so far has been overall positive. No problems mechanically at all. I like the look of the car and love the thrill of driving with the top down. As far as power I am somewhat disappointed. Factory says 320 HP, but only about 245 of that makes it to the rear wheels. Quick starts, but it is very slow to respond when you stomp the gas while driving. The suspension is pretty good. It handles well when cornering at speed, but I hear pops and clunks in it when I make turns or hit small bumps. I like the car but I wish I had bought a 2003 or 2004 "Supercharged" Cobra. Now those are awesome cars!
Favorite Features
You buy a sporty car for two reasons, looks and speed. The 2001 Mustang Cobra has ONE of those two features. My favorite features are: it's a HOT looking car and it has a convertible top!
Suggested Improvements
More power! Which can be found in the 03' 04' Cobra. The 2001 Cobra drivetrain should should be more responsive than it is though. Need to improve the suspension too. Interior is just ok.