Used 2001 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Helpful|
Very Fun
By Alistair314

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I'm gonna start off by saying I love this car. It was my first sports car and I miss it very much. Its underpowered unfortunatly. For some reason Ford managed to get only 192 horsepower out of a 3.8 liter V6. It oversteers tremendously and driving it in rain or snow is a funny joke. It's just something about driving a Mustang that is just amazing.

Favorite Features

Exterior is beautiful, so is interior. Donuts and burnouts are very very, very fun!

Suggested Improvements

None

2001 Mustang GT Premium Amazing!!!
By LT1Killer01GT

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car i have ever owned.From day one i was in love with this car and 3 girlfriends later i still own it.The Modular V8 is Fords most reliable motor hands down.The "NEW EDGE" body styling is my favorite of all the Mustangs.I don't drive this car year around but i have owned it for over 2 yrs now and its at 99k with no issues what so ever! Besides normal maint and such..On top of the great vaule and the aftermarket parts are just unlimited so i decided to add some bolt ons JLT CAI,Accufab 75mm TB, Diablo Tune,STEEDA Pulleys,BASSANI O/R X-PIPE,BASSANI SS CAT-BACK,Bullitt 315s with Nitto Drag Radials runs mid 13s all day!Does need a better stock shifter and bigger trunk h/w.

Favorite Features

Exhaust Sound,Reliability,Neck Jerker,Good Mpgs for a V8,Decent Handling,Timeless Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger Trunk,Better 5SPD Shifter,Tall people like me feel like were way above the steering wheel,Cheap plastic int parts,Triple Black is impossible to stay clean.

Used to be fun :(
By fordgirlaz

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car used in 2005 when I started college w/a lot of miles already (now 177k). The car was an absolute blast to drive for the1st couple years. Even though it was a V6, the manual tranny gave it some gusto. Sadly after 2-3 years of owning it, I started noticing a ticking sound, which turned out to be a major exhaust leak, & eventually I had both exhaust pipes completely break off from the engine block. Then a couple years later, the major blow out came--I now have a blown piston rod, & the cost of the repairs is more than the car's value. Also had a headlight & all power features go out. So sad to see it go. I would've bought another if it wasn't for the major mechanical setbacks

Favorite Features

Sporty handling; fun with manual transmission (but was really hard to drive at 1st because the clutch is not hydraulic); attractive two-toned interior

Suggested Improvements

Too many exhaust problems (was told this was a chronic problem with the '01 model); not built to last for someone with a lead foot

Decent
By mikes201487

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got a 2001 Ford Mustang from a private owner. The previous owner didn't take care of it. Radio was broken so I had to replace it, she didnt do oil change for 4,000 miles left it. I bought the car at 156,577 miles. now has 159,000 everything is working fine. I love this one cuz of leather seats and its good fun to drive with windows down!

Head Turner
By Jay S

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Nice acceleration great for overtaking people on the highway. And what's fun is when people try to race you on the highways. No problems so far handles and drives smooth. Summer tires a plus.

Favorite Features

V8 hood scoop engine sound stero

Suggested Improvements

some more horsepower or some better gas milage