Used 2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2001 Cobra Conv.
By NJCobra

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

2 words....Adrenaline Rush. This is the most fun car I have ever driven. A combination of class and power.

Favorite Features

Speed sensitive steering/suspension. Ability to turn traction control off. Suede/Leather seats w/ the Cobra emblem embroidered and the 6 CD changer in dash.

Suggested Improvements

Car should come stock with a stainless steel exhaust. Early cobras had that feature.

2001COBRA CONVERTIBLE REVIEW
By R T BROWN

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Cora Convertible offers superior acceleration with reasonable economy-21 miles per gallon average. Has outstanding ride and handling characteristics. No other convertible offers this much power and value. Reliability has been superior over the first 27000 miles. No mechanical problems. Just start it and drive with a big smile on your face as you listen to the rumble of that DOHC V8 turn into a snarl as you approach 7000 RPM!

I LOVE my SVT Cobra!!!!!!
By Joy

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

WARNING--THIS IS A GIRL REVIEW!!!!!!! I Do NOT Even Pretend to Know About Cars!!!! This is just my Opinion Of My Car, Which I Adore!!!!! First of all, it Growls!!!!! I love getting in this car, turning the ignition, and listening to the engine go...Grrrowwl! This is the way a car should sound. Secondly, it GOES!!!!!!! Complete stop to 60 MPH quick. Going 65 and need to go MUCH faster, no prob. And.....it does it with class. I LOVE the way it corners! Smooth as a babies sweet rear-end! Also, I really appreciate the easiness of the stick shift. It is logical, quick, and there is no question--- ever, of which gear you are in. Done. I love it.

01 cobra conv
By LUNGRIPPER

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love it! Its the most fun car I have ever owned. Wish it had the blower though. :)

Favorite Features

It looks sooo good.

Suggested Improvements

I like the 03' engine because of the extra hp and bang for the buck on modifications.The 01' is a more handsome automobile though.

Cool Cobra
By Scottie T

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. The interior is a masterpiece as is the exterior. It reminds me aa tiger about to pounce on its prey. So much can be done with this car in upgrades because of its versatility. Nothing is really needed to be done with this car because it is just amzing the way it is. Buying this car has been the best choice I've ever made.

Favorite Features

I love everything about this car including the performance, interior, mand exterior.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot think of anything to make this car better besides a bigger fuel tank so that I can savor longer the moments I spend in this car.