2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - Consumer Reviews

Bullitt 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual - (32 reviews )
Be Frank Bullitt!
By BACKNBLACK on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My dealer called me and told me he had a special Mustang that I had to see. I fell in love with this car when i first saw it. I have always been a McQueen fan and I love the chase in the movie "BULLITT". The car looks, sounds and goes better than any other car for the money!

after two years
By zrayrichter on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

well worth the money

Bullitt #416
By fastback on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Most people are unaware that there even is such a vehicle, and if they are aware most still don't "get it." Well I got it, I "get it" and I love it. No it's not a Cobra but it handles superbly, it looks and sounds great. It's not necessarily a performance statement but more of an era statement. The subtle, no spoiler, no stripes, no unnecessary frills looks are excellent.

# 5169
By Forchek on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is definately a hot ticket. Extremely fast, quick, and very stylish. If your looking to purchase a used GT this '01 is worth locating. Most of these will be in good shape too because of their collector status. However, these cars were meant to be driven.

The Bullitt
By therealmrmustang on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Aside from shortcomings to be expected from a custom, built alongside high volumne/production automobiles, problems have been minimal. I love my car!

Ford Bullitt
By BullittOwner on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Quality from ford was missing.5 trips to dealer for repairs in first year of ownership.

Bullit lives up to it's name
By akorna on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this Bullitt as an impulse buy, although I had been interested in it since it debuted as a concept car. I got #4942, Dark Highland Green, for a good price w/rebate and 0.9% Financing. The Bullitt is a great driving car - a real attitude adjuster that I take out only in nice weather, once a week or less. I have little to complain about the car. I mostly enjoy the wonderful exhaust note and well spaced transmission ratios. The factory modified 4.6L V8 is underated at 265 HP - published dyno tests suggest 270-280 HP. I have driven the same year regular Mustang GT, and this car is better in almost every category.

Ford Hits Home Run
By wdmjr on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Couldn't be happier other than adding a supercharger.

2001 Bullitt
By Andrew Tansley on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive, and reliable. The only thing is the gas mileage. It's a guzzler.

Bullitt 2001 by Car2nz
By Bullitt01 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

(PRO)When looking to trade out of my 1998 Cobra convertable, I drove many Ford vehichles, not limited to Roush and Cobra's. The comfort and styling of the Bullitt was for me. I get more looks and comments than with the Cobra. (CON) Squeaky windows, squeaky struts, parking at the far end of the parking lots and slower than my 'ol cobra :( Other reviews state that the Bullitt model is a $3000 upgrade. Try doubling that or more; with no dealer markdowns at $27,000 for the Bullitt in comparison with a GT you can buy for about $20,000 with markdowns. Only 5 horsepower diff., maybe the potential for more HP is there?