2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
18 AGAIN!
By MustangLinda on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Ordered my baby in July 2001 and didn't take delivery until November. WORTH THE WAIT! Have had more fun with this little car. When I get in it, I'm 18 again - heads are turning - can't even count how many compliments I've had. White w/black stripes and charcoal leather interior - two years old and I love her as much as the day I brought her home. Only has needed routine maintenance. I actually think I'll keep her past the time she's paid for!

Regrets
By paola on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Nice looking car and fun to drive however extremely unreliable. My car broke down 4 times (fuel line) and wouldnt start. I had it towed a total of 4 time before it hit 15000 miles. The first time it broke down was at 5000 mile. It didnt qualify as a lemon. This car is junk. The base stereo system is poorer than my old cavalier

01 Mustang is a blast!
By Jennifer O. on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Mustang for about 9 months, and have been extremely pleased by it so far. The V6 is plenty of power for such a small car, and I typically get 27 miles per gallon. I drive alot, and this car has been across several states, yet I have not ever been stiff after a long trip. There is not a thing that I would change about the front seats. Don't buy this car if you intend to routinely carry more than one passenger. There is NO room in the back for an adult. Overall, I am happier every day with my purchase.

King of the Road
By chris523 on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car. The Mach stereo system is probably one of the best.

Love my 'stang
By mickierae on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is a just plain fun to have and drive car for one or two people - forget the back seat - it's only fit for a small dog. It does not cost a fortune to buy or maintain. this car is a keeper!

I love my car
By rarelyquiet on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle on October 1st after combing the web for what I wanted for a first new vehicle. Thankfully they had one on site at the dealership. This is the most amazing car I've ever driven. I love Ford products, but even their luxury cars don't fit me as well as this one does. Definitley a great buy!

Bang-For-Your-Buck
By revdrluv on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It has been nearly a year now since I bought my mineral grey mustang coupe and I am very happy with it. I love the torque it has, especially when compared to other sport coupes on the market. The mustang is not the sharpest driving tool. It is an old school design, but that just gives it more character than the sometimes sterile japanese alternatives. To have fun you have to get the manual tranny in this car. I have had no reliability problems.

2001 V6 / 5 Spd Coupe...
By DaddyCar on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My 2001 Laser Red Mustang has been nothing but fun. A sporty ride yet very solid. Speaking of solid I like the solid rear axle as well as the rear wheel drive. Knock on wood the car has been very dependable once a couple of warranty issues were worked out (diff.,clutch). Dealing with Ford is no picnic but the car is worth it.

Creeper's Short Take
By Creeper04 on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The Mustang is a stylish ride that looks good and is mechanically sound. However, as happy as I am with my car, there are just a couple of things that I could be happier about. First of all, I purchased the 2.8L V6 STD Coupe and wish I had purchased the GT. The power level is fine for a 6-cyclinder, but the feeling you get from driving a mustang demands a feeling of power that just isn't there with the V6. But the look that you like so much now continues to grow on you. I love it. Mechanically the car is solid and fun to drive. Best of all, it looks great in your garage.

ford done good
By Jim in Mass on 03/05/02 14:27 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I like this car, I commute over an hour each way to work and it's comfortable without being boring.