Used 2001 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

100,000 MILES AND THEN...PROBLEMS
By Charlie Hummell

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I loved this vehicle until it hit the magic mileage number...100,000 miles. Note also that I do an excellent job maintaining my vehicles. At 100,000 miles, though, my Mustang first had a cracked exhaust manifold ($450.00). A few months later it sprung two oil leaks in the transmission and wouldn't hold any oil ($350.00). About two weeks later it wouldn't start one day (transmission shift cable - $215.00). As I've read in other reviews, I have also experienced the engine vibration as I come to a stop at an intersection. It's now got about 109,000 miles, so I can't really complain, (and I still like the car), but I'm wondering how much life it has until something major goes wrong.

When it's washed and detailed, it's still a great looking vehicle. It's fun to drive...my wife and I take it on road trips up and down the coast as our "fun car."

It's got some blind spots depending on the angle of the intersection / traffic. Do something about the oil leaks! My last car, a Ford Probe, also had problems with oil leaks.

Good
By Jaeurjnr

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Its good but the only problem is that there isnt to much room in the back seats and that causes a problem sometimes. The trunk has a small opening to it also

good

more room in the back seat

Piece
By LiLcUtEsHoRtIe

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had so many problems out of my car. I have had my air intake replaced, my window motor replaced my throttle body replaced, my rpm's will go up by themselves while my foot is on the brake they have replaced the part once and now are saying that the problem is my driving not the car. My car has been in the shop more than i have had it on the road, and it is sad that Ford can't be competent enough to fix it.Consumer reports said that the 01 and 02 mustangs were the worst ones made and the ones with the worst problems. Well if anyone has had these problems email me and let me know it would be helpful.

stock system is great, love the sound of my car sounds like a GT and is only a v6 the interior is comfortable, heat works fast!

Gas milage could be better but i fill up only 1 every week and a half

rough vibration and unfixable wind noise
By columbus

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Have had continuos problems with wind noise and the 3.8 engine causes vibrations while stopped at intersections. I have been told that it has to do with stiff motor mounts and is only a problem with the 3.8 liter engines. Over all, I am not a happy Mustang owner.

Great car for the Money!!
By HMustangL

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Cant beat this car for 20,000 dollars. It may not be the fastest but it faster then any other car for the price. Why buy a prelude with 200 horse for more money then a mustang gt cost. (by the way I beat a prelude with my stock v6 stang, so take that honda).

rear wheel drive is so much better then front and great stock sound system. (mach 460 6 cd in dash changer).

More horse power is about all it needs and if you want that buy a gt.