281 Vert
By gunns20 on
2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I always take the long way to work. That sums up my experience with the car. There has only been one problem in over a year of ownership, and that was the top. Ford fixed it under the EXTENDED warranty. Really surprised me, and was much appreciated, considering what I've heard from others about Ford. Awesome looks, sounds great, faster than 99% of cars on the road, been super reliable, 281 cubes, and American muscle. My former Acura was nothing in performance and reliability compared to this. Goes to show if you treat a car right and maintain it properly, it'll love you back. People gripe about the fake scoops, but look at 60/70's muscle cars and tons have fake scoops too. I love 'em!
Favorite Features
V8. Torque. Burble. With an aftermarket exhaust, it's mean and puts any import to shame. Respectable mileage; even with price hikes I drive it everywhere. Shifter's clunky, but handles being hammered. RWD. Never got stuck, even in UT snow. Everyone feels special when I take the top down.
Suggested Improvements
Any muscle car can use more power. Seats have no support. But the new Stang basically fixed all that.