Used 2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

'01 Mustang Cobra Convertible
By Nowell

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car replaced my '01 Trans Am WS6. Cobra's interior quality is a little better but fells cramp. What I like the most in this car is that it's a convertible! The T/A is very stable at speed, but for side street performance I'd go with the Cobra. My conclusion is Cobra is fun to drive in the street and the convertible makes it looks better.

Favorite Features

My only favorite feature in the Cobra is the convertible and IRS. Fit and finish is just ok. Certainly nothing to brag about.

Suggested Improvements

The Mustang Cobra convertible looks great with the top down.

01 SVT Cobra Convertible
By Tom D

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What a great car. The car will do whatever you ask of it, from pushing it hard to weekly commuting. Bought used at 22K miles and selling it at 64K miles over 2.5 yrs. Seems to have above average resale value. Had thermostat fail which almost caused a melt down, but didn't do any damage. Overall, a fairly expensive vehicle to own/operate. Repair parts, brake pads/rotors, tires seem expensive due to low availability and more performance oriented design. Insurance wasnít bad but could be with questionable record. Questionable usage during winter, didnít have many problems driving in Michigan but certainly need to pick your battles and find alternate transportation/stay home a few days.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, handling, interior/exterior appearance.

Suggested Improvements

More drivers leg room, selectable AWD, improved rear seat area and truck, fit and finish of interior components, intermittent water leaks between convertible top and windows.

CobraSVT
By TTaco

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is a blast to drive! I dont care where I need to go as long as I'm driving the Cobra I have fun doing it. I added a few modifications to increase the power and improve on the suspension and have it just how I wanted it. I would highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Exaust Note, Power, Looks

Suggested Improvements

Tranny is a little stiff in cold temps at first start, Car would be better if Ford lowered it from the start, I had her lowered 1.5" to get it just right.

Sexy Beast
By Twiztid Jedi

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Cobra. I treat it bad like it deserves and still nothing has gone wrong except for some bald tires.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, suede seats, very nice sound system, 6-disc changer

Best Car I've Owned
By PatrickC.

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had no major problems with the car that weren't a result of my own modifications. In factory trim the car is great and everytime I've been to the dealership for service I've been treated well. The Cobra is a product of SVT, almost a company to itself within Ford, and being so your treated differently than a normal vehicle owner at the dealership, SVT has specially trained mechanics at all authorized SVT dealers and if the vehicle is to be kept for a few days you automatically get a free rental.

Favorite Features

The power. In stock trim it has a lot of grunt, mine being modified has a lot more.