2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2001 Cobra Conv.
By NJCobra on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

2 words....Adrenaline Rush. This is the most fun car I have ever driven. A combination of class and power.

2001COBRA CONVERTIBLE REVIEW
By R T BROWN on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Cora Convertible offers superior acceleration with reasonable economy-21 miles per gallon average. Has outstanding ride and handling characteristics. No other convertible offers this much power and value. Reliability has been superior over the first 27000 miles. No mechanical problems. Just start it and drive with a big smile on your face as you listen to the rumble of that DOHC V8 turn into a snarl as you approach 7000 RPM!

I LOVE my SVT Cobra!!!!!!
By Joy on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

WARNING--THIS IS A GIRL REVIEW!!!!!!! I Do NOT Even Pretend to Know About Cars!!!! This is just my Opinion Of My Car, Which I Adore!!!!! First of all, it Growls!!!!! I love getting in this car, turning the ignition, and listening to the engine go...Grrrowwl! This is the way a car should sound. Secondly, it GOES!!!!!!! Complete stop to 60 MPH quick. Going 65 and need to go MUCH faster, no prob. And.....it does it with class. I LOVE the way it corners! Smooth as a babies sweet rear-end! Also, I really appreciate the easiness of the stick shift. It is logical, quick, and there is no question--- ever, of which gear you are in. Done. I love it.

01 cobra conv
By LUNGRIPPER on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love it! Its the most fun car I have ever owned. Wish it had the blower though. :)

Cool Cobra
By Scottie T on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. The interior is a masterpiece as is the exterior. It reminds me aa tiger about to pounce on its prey. So much can be done with this car in upgrades because of its versatility. Nothing is really needed to be done with this car because it is just amzing the way it is. Buying this car has been the best choice I've ever made.

2001 Cobra convertable
By qwert on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very fun car to drive, especially with the top down. Good low end power, very sharp handling. Steering response is crisp and precise. Road noise with top up is less than expected. This is a fun car for a long drive, a Sunday cruise with the top down, or a daily commute to work.

My 2001 Cobra is a total POS!
By Eric Westermeyer on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First of all, do not buy a 2001 SVT Ford Mustang Cobra. The car has a bad knock/ping. The ping has been there since day one and Ford will not fix it. They put out an official statement that says pinging is normal. My car dynoed below Ford's acceptable HP and torque figures and has been in the shop for over 30 days of unscheduled maintenance in a year and a half. The transmission was replaced at 3,000 miles. The list goes on and on. Myself and my family will never buy a Ford product again. This includes any company that Ford owns, such as Mazda, Jaguar, etc. Ford, you sold me the worst car that I have ever owned and you do not honor warranties.

Ford almost hit the mark!
By Marty I on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Transmission problems, grind 1-2 shift and 3-4 shift when cold. CD's sticking in 6 disc player. Water leaks around windows(convertable). Premature carpet wear around accelerator pedal. Poor traction under hard acceleration (wheel hop). It seems that Ford chose to put a light duty transmission behind a 320 HP engine. Overall poor quality for a vehicle costing close to 35,000.00 dollars. Very little dealer support in addressing the problems. Traded it in for a 50th Anniversary Vette. I'll rate that after I drive it for a while.

Cobras Rock
By codeninja on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car. Awesome ride. Sure wish the tires would last longer though!

2001 Cobra Fast Fun
By 01Cobraisawesome on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A responsive solid feeling muscle machine. Well balanced with the aluminum engine block.