Used 2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best Car I've Owned
By PatrickC.

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had no major problems with the car that weren't a result of my own modifications. In factory trim the car is great and everytime I've been to the dealership for service I've been treated well. The Cobra is a product of SVT, almost a company to itself within Ford, and being so your treated differently than a normal vehicle owner at the dealership, SVT has specially trained mechanics at all authorized SVT dealers and if the vehicle is to be kept for a few days you automatically get a free rental.

The power. In stock trim it has a lot of grunt, mine being modified has a lot more.

Cool Cobra
By Scottie T

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. The interior is a masterpiece as is the exterior. It reminds me aa tiger about to pounce on its prey. So much can be done with this car in upgrades because of its versatility. Nothing is really needed to be done with this car because it is just amzing the way it is. Buying this car has been the best choice I've ever made.

I love everything about this car including the performance, interior, mand exterior.

I cannot think of anything to make this car better besides a bigger fuel tank so that I can savor longer the moments I spend in this car.

My 2001 Cobra is a total POS!
By Eric Westermeyer

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First of all, do not buy a 2001 SVT Ford Mustang Cobra. The car has a bad knock/ping. The ping has been there since day one and Ford will not fix it. They put out an official statement that says pinging is normal. My car dynoed below Ford's acceptable HP and torque figures and has been in the shop for over 30 days of unscheduled maintenance in a year and a half. The transmission was replaced at 3,000 miles. The list goes on and on. Myself and my family will never buy a Ford product again. This includes any company that Ford owns, such as Mazda, Jaguar, etc. Ford, you sold me the worst car that I have ever owned and you do not honor warranties.

I just love how my car pings under light acceleration on premium fuel. And if you get into the throttle at all, it pings even worse. Using the air conditioning is out of the question.

Ha Ha...how about fix the "normal" pinging 2001 Cobras. You will lose customers over this issue!

Cobras Rock
By codeninja

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car. Awesome ride. Sure wish the tires would last longer though!

More power. Better transmission with 6 speed.

2001 Cobra Fast Fun
By 01Cobraisawesome

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A responsive solid feeling muscle machine. Well balanced with the aluminum engine block.

The 9.85:1 compression, gives quick acceleration and quick compression braking and adds to the power feel of the beast.