Used 2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2001COBRA CONVERTIBLE REVIEW
By R T BROWN

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Cora Convertible offers superior acceleration with reasonable economy-21 miles per gallon average. Has outstanding ride and handling characteristics. No other convertible offers this much power and value. Reliability has been superior over the first 27000 miles. No mechanical problems. Just start it and drive with a big smile on your face as you listen to the rumble of that DOHC V8 turn into a snarl as you approach 7000 RPM!

I LOVE my SVT Cobra!!!!!!
By Joy

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

WARNING--THIS IS A GIRL REVIEW!!!!!!! I Do NOT Even Pretend to Know About Cars!!!! This is just my Opinion Of My Car, Which I Adore!!!!! First of all, it Growls!!!!! I love getting in this car, turning the ignition, and listening to the engine go...Grrrowwl! This is the way a car should sound. Secondly, it GOES!!!!!!! Complete stop to 60 MPH quick. Going 65 and need to go MUCH faster, no prob. And.....it does it with class. I LOVE the way it corners! Smooth as a babies sweet rear-end! Also, I really appreciate the easiness of the stick shift. It is logical, quick, and there is no question--- ever, of which gear you are in. Done. I love it.

01 cobra conv
By LUNGRIPPER

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love it! Its the most fun car I have ever owned. Wish it had the blower though. :)

Favorite Features

It looks sooo good.

Suggested Improvements

I like the 03' engine because of the extra hp and bang for the buck on modifications.The 01' is a more handsome automobile though.

2001 Cobra convertable
By qwert

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very fun car to drive, especially with the top down. Good low end power, very sharp handling. Steering response is crisp and precise. Road noise with top up is less than expected. This is a fun car for a long drive, a Sunday cruise with the top down, or a daily commute to work.

Ford almost hit the mark!
By Marty I

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Transmission problems, grind 1-2 shift and 3-4 shift when cold. CD's sticking in 6 disc player. Water leaks around windows(convertable). Premature carpet wear around accelerator pedal. Poor traction under hard acceleration (wheel hop). It seems that Ford chose to put a light duty transmission behind a 320 HP engine. Overall poor quality for a vehicle costing close to 35,000.00 dollars. Very little dealer support in addressing the problems. Traded it in for a 50th Anniversary Vette. I'll rate that after I drive it for a while.

Favorite Features

Engine performance. The high reving dual overhead cam 4.6 sounds and performs great. The audio, Mach 460, sounds great also although sometimes the cd's stick in the player. Corners well and is a blast to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Impove the rear end traction (IRS) and upgrade some of the interior amenities. Install a wear pad along side of the accelerator pedal so that the carpet will outlast the car payments. Beef up the transmission.