Used 2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Faststang'01
By Todd May

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought her in APR of'02. The stock power grabbed ahold of me and never let go. Didn't lose a race. I have installed started to up grade. K&N FIPK,75mm throttle body/upper plenum, long tube heders with high flow cat's, Flow master cat back,4.10 gears, Hypertech power programmer and Micky Thompsons for the track. This season I have installed a tower strut brace and sub frame braces. For the street I run Good Year 245/45 ZR17 in. tires mounted on Replica BLT 17x9 chrome wheels. I just bought a Gtech performance meter to tell me my actual HP. I've done some paper calcs. and it was above 300 HP, pretty good for just bolt on mods. Not bad since she started at 260. I love her, my wife gets jealous.

The custom metalic pearl red with clear coat actualy changes color as you walk around her. I don't think the scoops are dorky as the editors comment posted. I have had comments from people thinking it was early model stang. When I fire her up I smile from ear to ear and heads turn everywhere.

I say don't do to much because then everyone can buy one but who's Mustang is it? With the mods I have done I know it is my stang and no one has one like it. I like being able to build on Fords beautiful design and go from there. Just one stang owners opinion.

Beautiful Car 4 last yr. of high school
By stlcap5

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I haven't had it for that long but the car is just awesome. Gets off the line real quick. Also, once it hits 2nd and 3rd gear the car just takes off. Rides smooth and no complaints at all so far.

Dual exhaust, V8 engine, exhaust system, horsepower, torque, and the hood scoop.

Only thing is more horsepower and torque would be nice. Thats it though.

Stella
By mstnglvr

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Absolute joy to own. The only problem I've ever had was a dealer mistake where they overtightened the oil drain plug stripping the bolt and causing a leak. Had it fixed, no other problems.

Availability of racing parts and accessories from ford and the dealer installs. There is no badder looking car than an "EDGE" style 'Stang.

Needs more horsepower, the factory tune and transmission settings are for grandmothers.

My favorite car
By Justin Hilton

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd mustang. My first with a v8. True to its title as an American muscle car, it lacks the refinement you would find in other types of vehicles. Drafty inside with a lot of interior noise. Choppy ride ... but despite all this it is still my favorite car ever.

Modular V8 is silky smooth. Awesome performance per dollar. Aggressive styling. Super reliable.

Interior noise is horrendous. Ride is choppy.

Mustangs rule the world
By Trickydick1997

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i've driven this mustang for 3 years, have had a couple accidents of driver error not because of any default of the car.

I think in my opinion there is two features that stand out on this mustang one would be the Mach 460 Stereo and the 4.6 V8 Motor

If I could change anything I would make the shaker hold operational to help cool the motor and keep it preforming at top performance