2001 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Excellent car
By dvenoregon on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Love the RWD and V-8 power. Don't get the V-6. I like the firm leather seats. Headroom is poor, but expected in a Mustang. Averaged 18-20 MPG over last two years on mixed HWY/city use. Good sound system in the GT. No major problems with the car in the first 36K miles other than the CD player jamming discs. Dealer fixed w/ no problems.

Fun car to drive
By tisource on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The 2001 Ford Mustang is a very fun car to drive. The 3.8L sedan provides a great balance between power and fuel economy. Handling is great, comfort, although tight for large/tall people, is good. Very nice design inside and out. The only complaint is that the interior is a little heavy on the plastic. The inside of the door feels a little "soft" due to the plastic. Overall, however, super car. No regrets with the purchase.

Mustang GT Impressions
By MachZ2871 on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I leased the GT, the ending up with it over a Chevy Z-28 in a decision of economics (The Z-28 was $5K more). Having traded in a 1997 V-6. I had some expectations. I expected the 4.6 litre V8 to perform better than the Chevy V6, but I really had to rev it up because the low-end torque wasn't there, which in turn exposed the laziness of the 4-speed automatic when commanded to downshift (even manually!). Overall, the GT was a good American muscle car, but lacked some of the really hard-core attributes, road-handling felt soft and and sometimes not sure-footed when pressed hard. Casual drivers would get a kick out of it.

Silver GT Coup
By Tchefalo on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had the Mustang for almost 3 years and I have enjoyed it. I have read reviews in consumer magazines that I think are too crtitcal. If you buy a Mustang that is what you are looking for, not a Toyota, BMW or Saab. I haven't been disappointed with its performance. Unfortunately, like so many US manufactured vehicles, I have had mechanical problems in the first 3 years. The engine mounts were lose when I picked it up, the fuel pump died and the battery lost its charge. The problems were covered under the warranty including the tow to the dealership for repairs. It didn't turn out to be that big an problem for me because I have a truck too.

Don't buy new!
By J-master-J on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This was my first Ford product. I was lured in by the 0% financing and its great looks. I always drive V-8's and demand rear-wheel drive. The Mustang had everything I was looking for. I did have some fit and finish issues and I wish the interior didn't have so much plastic! I sold it after 2 years due to a job relocation. I was barely able to pay off my lien! The depreciation was unbelievable. I paid $25K new and sold it for $17K two years later! Oh yeah.....dealing with Ford Motor Credit is a nightmare! Buyer beware!

2001 GT Coupe-5-speed
By bunky on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A serious driving car. 5-speed, silver stallion!Fast, corners like a dream. Love this car.Sturdy, fast and safe.Handsome, like a Mustang should be. Wonderful music. I rate this car an A. Making driving fun!

2001 GT review
By Nm on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over 2 years and it has been the best car I have ever had.quick, strong and fun to drive. I love smoking the tires through 2nd and 3rd.

dajamazz's Stang
By dajamazz on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Other than Idling a little rough, this car gives a lot of bang for the buck. 260Hp V8, is plenty of power for most people.

By maxm on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have heard a lot of negative things when I first purchased this car, but ALL have proved false. The car has been flawless and I have had nothing but fun with it. I drive VERY hard so the car does get used. Driven in winter also with NO problems due to the new features of traction control and anti lock brakes. I will buy this car again as a newer version.

Lovin' my stang!
By Ga Girl on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2000 V6 standard for the '01 GT automatic. It's a fun car to drive, but the brakes could be a little tighter.