2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
my stang!
By henningf on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Car is a blast to drive, tons of power and great handling, with a few improvements. car turns heads! Never had a mechanical problem.

Great Fun
By MatthewICADC on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

With a few easy modifications adding up to 335 hp and 3:7:3 gears, this GT is the fastest, quickest fun ride I have ever owned! There's nothing better than feeling the wind in my hair while rocking out to my favorite tunes in this reliable rockship on a perfect spring/summer day or evening!

One Fun Car
By phlibber on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We bought the car new and 8 hours later, I had my first speeding ticket. What a fun car to drive...with a radar detector. Interior fit and finish is lacking and the convertible top allows any and all outside noise to enter, but that's where the Mach stero system shines. It drowns out all the outside noise while you put the car through it's paces. The V8 provides plenty of zip. We had a 6 cylinder version of the 1996 Mustang for 4 years and it struggled to get out of it's own way. In my opinion, the 6 cylinder version of this car is a big waste of your money. Be sure to include an extra $250 for a good radar detector.

Pedal to the metal
By GT4ME on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted a convertible. I read the V-8 was a more reliable engine so I went with that. After rebate and dealer discounts, the Mustang was $2k LESS than a comparably equipped Miata. I feel safer in a larger car. I can pass other cars on the freeway quite easily now. Love driving with the top down and the exhaust sounds great. Not the best looking inside or out. And not the most reliable compared to Japanese. But thousands of $$ cheaper, so figured that would offset.

MY PONY!
By H82W8 on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have owned 15 cars in my life and never have I been able to say that I LOVE THIS CAR! The V8 handles great with the 5 speed. My leather seats have so many dials for comfort you can't help but just meld into the seat. It gets about 23 miles to the gallon which is fine considering the power this car has. The overall quality is incredible. The 6 disk in dash CD player with Mach Stereo was WELL WORTH the money and sounds better than most peoples after market system.

A Few Modifications =Great Car...
By RevMatt on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, great sound, perky performance & "in the breeze" option make this a great car... a great rendition of this icon! With a few performance modifications, improved suspension and better than "OEM" tires make this Convertible GT the car to own & drive. I could not be happier with it! Negatives: lacks headroom when the top is on, the neck support on the front seats are poorly designed and the car lacks cargo space. Biggest positive: the high performance, dress-up and aftermarket resources to personalize this car are ENDLESS!

Got Fun?
By saphire_honey on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is my 3rd Mustang. I haven't found another car as fun to drive as this one in this price range. It's got the sport, the muscle, the look (and the looks I get while driving it are worth every penny-good and bad), and with all of these great qualities it also has class. A little difficult to achieve so many different characteristics in just one vehicle..well Ford has managed to produce one. This car is loads of fun to drive and the most reliable...

2001 mustang GT
By mandyann on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought this car, and I couldn't be happier! I had a 2003 Matrix, and it had no power, now I know what it's like to have a real car.

I love this pony
By WKDNBD on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car I was origiannlay looking for a Pointiac trans Am, but after driving this car I fell in love right away. The exhaust note is awesome and I really like it driving through tunnels or under over passes and giving it lots of gas!

MY STANG
By MIKE on 03/07/02 00:33 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

GREAT LOOKING CAR. QUALITY IS SO-SO.