Used 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

a bullitt-proof review
By matthew

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle in February 06 and now 5 months went flying by and there isn't a day I don't give thanks for the opportunity of purchasing this great vehicle. All the hype, and history behind it, along with the extra mods, make this GT the best ever built. Accelerates great, looks awesome, and is truly an investment.

All the extra features, the history, and the raw power.

Really needs a better shifter. Best mod for any Mustang.

Super Mustang Bullitt I love this Car!
By Tom T

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First Mustang I have owned.. I am a old car lover of fast cars. Always owned 442s and fast Chevys. Did not like the Mustang when it first came out. Loved it when the Bullitt came out. Could not find one at first. Someone traded this low mileage Bullitt in for a pickup and I happened to be at the dealership when it drove in and everyone said "WOW."

Can not believe how fast and fun this Mustang is. Just drive and have fun as you go from 1 to 5 gear quickly! The quality of the Mustangs produced now are comparable to anything on the excellent car market. My next car will be a GT Mustang in the next 2 or 3 months; my Bullitt will stay with me.

If I had a single complaint it would be the shift to reverse.That's all. I plan on buying a new GT Coupe soon and it will be a 5 speed manual of course!

Bullitt Review
By Mario

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great cornering car with lots of power to accelerate through tight/high speed corners. I previously owned a 1994 Mustang GT and the Bullitt is clearly superior in all respects.

Short throw shifter, brushed metal pedals and accents, and the front seats.

Rear mud flaps to protect back fenders, an analog clock, and a racing harness to hold the driver more securely on the turns.

Great Mustang
By nelsomc

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is probably the best Mustang ever built. Classic, unique and really cool looking. I have made a few modifications for very little money and I can leave all the C5 Corvettes looking at my tail lights. What a great car to drive. It gets attention from kids to grandmas. I only wish the trunk were bigger, but that's my only complaint. I think this model looks better than the new Mustang and will wait to see what the 2007 Bullitt looks like.

Intake, Arvin Mufflers, aluminum features, lowered stance, and C-pillars.

More trunk space.