2001 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
100,000 MILES AND THEN...PROBLEMS
By Charlie Hummell on 10/27/05 03:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I loved this vehicle until it hit the magic mileage number...100,000 miles. Note also that I do an excellent job maintaining my vehicles. At 100,000 miles, though, my Mustang first had a cracked exhaust manifold ($450.00). A few months later it sprung two oil leaks in the transmission and wouldn't hold any oil ($350.00). About two weeks later it wouldn't start one day (transmission shift cable - $215.00). As I've read in other reviews, I have also experienced the engine vibration as I come to a stop at an intersection. It's now got about 109,000 miles, so I can't really complain, (and I still like the car), but I'm wondering how much life it has until something major goes wrong.

Good
By Jaeurjnr on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Its good but the only problem is that there isnt to much room in the back seats and that causes a problem sometimes. The trunk has a small opening to it also

Piece
By LiLcUtEsHoRtIe on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had so many problems out of my car. I have had my air intake replaced, my window motor replaced my throttle body replaced, my rpm's will go up by themselves while my foot is on the brake they have replaced the part once and now are saying that the problem is my driving not the car. My car has been in the shop more than i have had it on the road, and it is sad that Ford can't be competent enough to fix it.Consumer reports said that the 01 and 02 mustangs were the worst ones made and the ones with the worst problems. Well if anyone has had these problems email me and let me know it would be helpful.

rough vibration and unfixable wind noise
By columbus on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Have had continuos problems with wind noise and the 3.8 engine causes vibrations while stopped at intersections. I have been told that it has to do with stiff motor mounts and is only a problem with the 3.8 liter engines. Over all, I am not a happy Mustang owner.

Great car for the Money!!
By HMustangL on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Cant beat this car for 20,000 dollars. It may not be the fastest but it faster then any other car for the price. Why buy a prelude with 200 horse for more money then a mustang gt cost. (by the way I beat a prelude with my stock v6 stang, so take that honda).

Stylin & wooo profilin!
By NatureBoyRic on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This Mustang is one of the best I have driven. I went from a 4cyl car so, this Pony seems to have great get up n go with it's 6 cyl.

My Mustang Beats the Neon Anyday!
By aloraine1 on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love the mustang, indeed its not as powerful as the GT but I get enough tickets without the GT. I like the engine size, and the design is HOT. I get compliments ALL the time. I have the mineralg grey and its a sleek and sexy color. I will never buy a Dodge again.

My Thoughts
By jonathon on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, the Mustang is a wonderful car. My only wish is-i should have purchased the GT. The V-6 model is very sluggish and still gets bad gas mileage. I love the looks, but not impressed with everything else.

2001 Ford Mustang
By radams149 on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The only problem that I've had so far with my 2001 Ford Mustang is the heat. There is no control to heat your feet and upper body at the same time. Either your feet are cold or your hands and face are??????????????????

MYSTANG
By ALLIE on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

COMPLAINTS, ONE BEING THE BRAKES, COME TO FIND OUT THAT THEY HAD TO BE RE CUT, I ALSO FEEL THAT THE TRANSMISSION IS NOT FUNCTIONING 100% THEY HAVE CHECKED IT 5 TIMES ALREADY, BUT THEY SAY THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT IT DOES NOT SHIFT PROPERLY OR AS SMOOTHLY AS IT SHOULD, UPON STOPPING SOMETHINGS IT FEELS THAT EITHER THE TRANNY OR THE ENGINE WANTS TO KEEP GOING AND FEELS THAT ITS GOING TO FY RIGHT OUT THE FRONT OF THE CAR, OF COURSE WHEN IT HAS BEEN IN & THE TECH TAKES A TEST DRIVE OF COURSE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN,