Used 2001 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Go Ahead and Look, U know U want to!!
By Robert Bonilla

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first mustang, she has 78k, and I gotta tell you, the engine matinence fantastic.... I have the Limited Edition, cloth interior, white stripes, modified exhaust (loud),pull down seats....etc....she handles great, she's fast and beautiful, and a 5sp at that. I previously owned a 5sp ZX...and the Mustang LE....just knocks it out of the Park...See one...get one...Im happy I did....zooom ZoOOOM

I really like the cloth Interior and how smooth the car rides. The interior is really nice and the sporty gauges just clinch it for me.

Well the car is a 2001,(feels and looks brand new). I would like to have a new audio system...speakers are fine. Resetting the Service Engine soon light, came on after I put gas in it...

Fun Pony!
By BriGuy

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is in my top 3 of cars I have ever owned. Didn't want to pay the extra insurance or worse gas mileage so I went for the 3.8 V6. I was worried it would be a wimp, not a chance. Rivals the power I have in my V8 Grand Marquis! Handled great on corners. Got 26 MPG consistently! Sold at 78k and never had a repair!

Power, hyper green color, style was a head turner, 26 MPG

God-awful in the winter! This was the only reason I got rid of it!

Good so far
By rat

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive. Very different from the other cars in its class. It's very crude and unrefined. But you get a totally different kind of experience driving this. The exhaust sounds great. It is a little hard to shift with the manual transmission and it grinds when I try to put it in reverse gear after starting it. Other than that, it has been pretty reliable.

Styling, wheels, engine sound.

Smoother shifting, more power from the 3.8L.

Very Fun
By Alistair314

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I'm gonna start off by saying I love this car. It was my first sports car and I miss it very much. Its underpowered unfortunatly. For some reason Ford managed to get only 192 horsepower out of a 3.8 liter V6. It oversteers tremendously and driving it in rain or snow is a funny joke. It's just something about driving a Mustang that is just amazing.

Exterior is beautiful, so is interior. Donuts and burnouts are very very, very fun!

None

Fun Car
By solo

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. Looks great, performs great, just cant be beat for the price. Only problem I have is that I can't shift into 5th over 75 mph without the gears grinding a little.

Beautiful car, interior is perfectly designed.

The V6 could use more power. If these other companies can get 280 hp out of a 4 cylinder, why can't this six push the same?