2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great car
By 3.8guy on 09/17/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

For the money you can't beat it. I've put 35000 miles on it since I've had it with little to NO trouble aside from regular maintenance. 85000 on it now and still going strong. Very practical car for daily driving, but also good fun when the mood strikes. So far I've been able to get 31mpg on the highway and about 17/18 in the city with a 5 speed trans. Not bad for an 8 year old sports car.

Bullitt 1222
By Bullitt 1222 on 08/19/09 22:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Its a great investment as well.I own number 1222 of 1800 made in black. The bullitt is def one of the best looking mustangs on the road. I have bolt on's gears and a tune and i am running 12's. this is def a great performance car especially for a 2v mustang,

Great car, NEEDS GEARS!
By 10mm on 08/18/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ford made a great one size fits all muscle car here. I recently bought the car with only 2400 miles on her. Love the seats, the stock exhaust sound too. However, the 4V engine does not make a lot of tq down low so from idle to 3500rpm's the 4V is a bit weak but from 3800 to 6000rpm is sheer bliss! The only good about the long 3:27 gears is if you set the cruise at 60mph you can easily get 27mpg. Cowl shake is a bit annoying buts its a 'vert so its to be expected. Fit and finish on this particular car is good for a mass produced Ford. I love this car...

Longevity!
By Owner2001 on 07/17/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of my '01 convertible and I am extremely impressed with the build quality. Other than scheduled fluid changes I have not had a single issue. The car starts everytime, it is fun to drive and for what it is (an entry level sports car) I am a very satisfied customer. Having owned a '95 coupe this car is superior in every way. I have modified the car with dual exhaust /w GT bumper, hood & side scoops, a fibreglass front bumper, tires & rims, welded sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, pedal kit, and new air intake.

Head Turner
By Jay S on 06/13/09 23:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Nice acceleration great for overtaking people on the highway. And what's fun is when people try to race you on the highways. No problems so far handles and drives smooth. Summer tires a plus.

My second Edge GT
By Dad that likes fun on 05/22/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 GT new and it was a fun car but the insurance was too much and I had to sell it. I just bought this 2001 GT convertible and it brings back all the great memories of that 02 but now the insurance is 1/3 the price. I love these cars because they are the cheapest fun you can use to commute to work. I get 27 mpg, 130 miles a day and my 3 year old loves it. It's loud (flowmaster) fun, fast, and engaging for a person that loves cars. Why anybody would commute in a boring daily driver I can't understand when you can get these things so cheap used and they get decent mileage....I was buying a new Challenger this year but think I made the right choice.

Go Ahead and Look, U know U want to!!
By Robert Bonilla on 05/09/09 11:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first mustang, she has 78k, and I gotta tell you, the engine matinence fantastic.... I have the Limited Edition, cloth interior, white stripes, modified exhaust (loud),pull down seats....etc....she handles great, she's fast and beautiful, and a 5sp at that. I previously owned a 5sp ZX...and the Mustang LE....just knocks it out of the Park...See one...get one...Im happy I did....zooom ZoOOOM

Real Bang for the Buck
By Scott on 04/23/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car looks mean, handles great, and turns heads every day. Deffinately worth spending your money on. It's never a boring drive, and doesn't draw too much attention from the authorities. I love to turn off the traction control! I went toe to toe with an SRT 8 and stayed right up there up to 120 mph and didn't lose an inch.

One fun car
By andy on 11/18/08 22:13 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car was just a blast to drive. Had many compliments on style and performance. I would buy another one without hesitation. Want to buy the new style GT

Fun Pony!
By BriGuy on 10/26/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is in my top 3 of cars I have ever owned. Didn't want to pay the extra insurance or worse gas mileage so I went for the 3.8 V6. I was worried it would be a wimp, not a chance. Rivals the power I have in my V8 Grand Marquis! Handled great on corners. Got 26 MPG consistently! Sold at 78k and never had a repair!