Used 2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I LOVE my SVT Cobra!!!!!!
By Joy

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

WARNING--THIS IS A GIRL REVIEW!!!!!!! I Do NOT Even Pretend to Know About Cars!!!! This is just my Opinion Of My Car, Which I Adore!!!!! First of all, it Growls!!!!! I love getting in this car, turning the ignition, and listening to the engine go...Grrrowwl! This is the way a car should sound. Secondly, it GOES!!!!!!! Complete stop to 60 MPH quick. Going 65 and need to go MUCH faster, no prob. And.....it does it with class. I LOVE the way it corners! Smooth as a babies sweet rear-end! Also, I really appreciate the easiness of the stick shift. It is logical, quick, and there is no question--- ever, of which gear you are in. Done. I love it.

Still happy with it...
By BUL

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love everything about this car. After almost 2 1/2 years, I still "look back at" the car every time I park it somehwere and people always ask "what kind of car is that???" I love that feeling! The brakes are incredible, the low center of gravity makes for incredible stability, and the sound is just great!

Favorite Features

The brakes, the way it looks (just subtly different enough that people notice), and the seats are perfect!

Suggested Improvements

The Gatorbacks are useless tires. Ford's build quality is poor (i.e. stupid little things like a radio that jams CDs, chipping paint, etc.) City gas mileage (yeah, I know the car isn't a great "city car") at 12MPG is pathetic, even for a V8-but 26MPG highway makes up for it.

Cool Cobra
By Scottie T

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. The interior is a masterpiece as is the exterior. It reminds me aa tiger about to pounce on its prey. So much can be done with this car in upgrades because of its versatility. Nothing is really needed to be done with this car because it is just amzing the way it is. Buying this car has been the best choice I've ever made.

Favorite Features

I love everything about this car including the performance, interior, mand exterior.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot think of anything to make this car better besides a bigger fuel tank so that I can savor longer the moments I spend in this car.

MY PONY!
By H82W8

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have owned 15 cars in my life and never have I been able to say that I LOVE THIS CAR! The V8 handles great with the 5 speed. My leather seats have so many dials for comfort you can't help but just meld into the seat. It gets about 23 miles to the gallon which is fine considering the power this car has. The overall quality is incredible. The 6 disk in dash CD player with Mach Stereo was WELL WORTH the money and sounds better than most peoples after market system.

Favorite Features

The convertible top is the seller though. There is nothing more fun that driving around in a convertible especially one that isn't a gutless wonder!

Suggested Improvements

I feel the only way you could improve this car is to put the stereo controls on the steering while where they are in easy reach.

2001 GT Coupe-5-speed
By bunky

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A serious driving car. 5-speed, silver stallion!Fast, corners like a dream. Love this car.Sturdy, fast and safe.Handsome, like a Mustang should be. Wonderful music. I rate this car an A. Making driving fun!

Favorite Features

Agility and power. Drive-ability. Traction,stereo, and 17" wheel base. The history and image of the Mustang has always appealed to me.My silver stang!

Suggested Improvements

Seating. Need improving for back and neck comfort.Long distance head, neck and middle back support.