2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews 15

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Snakums
By Avenging Angel on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded in my 99 Cobra for the 01 & I am happy with the results. The seats feel so much better than my 99 Cobra and they look great with the Cobra on the suede part. The power is there, but quality in fit & finish leaves a lot to be desired. Rattling & wind noises are just a standard option with Ford products to date. The 2001 Cobra definitely has the power, but lacks the suspension & drivetrain of a true performance car.

2001 V6 / 5 Spd Coupe...
By DaddyCar on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My 2001 Laser Red Mustang has been nothing but fun. A sporty ride yet very solid. Speaking of solid I like the solid rear axle as well as the rear wheel drive. Knock on wood the car has been very dependable once a couple of warranty issues were worked out (diff.,clutch). Dealing with Ford is no picnic but the car is worth it.

Yellow GT
By Hoppy on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive and it gets a lot of attention. It is Zinc Yellow and is a beauty. It runs like a Mustang GT should. It has all the power you would ever need to drive on the highways of the good ol' USA. I love it!!!!!!!

2001 Bullitt
By Andrew Tansley on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive, and reliable. The only thing is the gas mileage. It's a guzzler.

2001 SVT Cobra
By dougv on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very fun car. Interior in the 2001 Cobra is better than any other factory Mustang. I love the leather/suede seating surfaces. The 6- disc in-dash CD player is great...much better than having the changer in the trunk or taking up armrest space. The only problem I've had is that the shift from 1st to 2nd would stick. The dealer replaced the whole transmission under warranty within 5 days.

Bullitt 2001 by Car2nz
By Bullitt01 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

(PRO)When looking to trade out of my 1998 Cobra convertable, I drove many Ford vehichles, not limited to Roush and Cobra's. The comfort and styling of the Bullitt was for me. I get more looks and comments than with the Cobra. (CON) Squeaky windows, squeaky struts, parking at the far end of the parking lots and slower than my 'ol cobra :( Other reviews state that the Bullitt model is a $3000 upgrade. Try doubling that or more; with no dealer markdowns at $27,000 for the Bullitt in comparison with a GT you can buy for about $20,000 with markdowns. Only 5 horsepower diff., maybe the potential for more HP is there?

2001 Ford Mustang Cobra
By ron08 on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car runs great. The power and pickup are good. I get about 312 miles to the tank, which is not bad for a cobra. The only thing I have noticed is a lag in the drivetrain. It is only noticeable when accelerating slowly. The gears sound as if they are loose. It could be the IRS. I am getting the Kenny-brown suspension for it, so if that doesn't work it is gear or tranny related.

Creeper's Short Take
By Creeper04 on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The Mustang is a stylish ride that looks good and is mechanically sound. However, as happy as I am with my car, there are just a couple of things that I could be happier about. First of all, I purchased the 2.8L V6 STD Coupe and wish I had purchased the GT. The power level is fine for a 6-cyclinder, but the feeling you get from driving a mustang demands a feeling of power that just isn't there with the V6. But the look that you like so much now continues to grow on you. I love it. Mechanically the car is solid and fun to drive. Best of all, it looks great in your garage.

2001 GT Convertible
By Tom in AZ on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a 2001 GT convertible, 5 speed that I purchased new at the end of the model year. Currently have 8000 miles on the car with no real problems. All driving has been commuting in Phoenix area and MPG is 18-20. Haven't taken any extended trips yet but expect highway mileage to be better. Fuel tank size kind of limits range but it would probably be a major task to re size it on a design this old.

Like Cobras???
By Jaxsvt on 03/09/02 13:48 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As can be expected you get tons of looks from young and old. Outside design was a big selling point for me as I think that this current iteration of the Mustang is one of the best designs yet. Interior build quality is another matter. Overall material quality is good but big gaps here and there mar what should be a decent interior. As for gas mileage - I get an average of 23mpg.