Used 2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Its not a GT its a BULLITT!!
By warriorip

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

DHG #4423, Love the car!! I bought it used with 350mi. I get compliments and looks daily. The performance is great! It's also fun explaining the differences and history of the Bullitt.

Favorite Features

Low end torque, Clean exterior and exhaust note. The seats are great.

Suggested Improvements

Supercharger, brakes that do squeel.

Super Mustang Bullitt I love this Car!
By Tom T

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First Mustang I have owned.. I am a old car lover of fast cars. Always owned 442s and fast Chevys. Did not like the Mustang when it first came out. Loved it when the Bullitt came out. Could not find one at first. Someone traded this low mileage Bullitt in for a pickup and I happened to be at the dealership when it drove in and everyone said "WOW."

Favorite Features

Can not believe how fast and fun this Mustang is. Just drive and have fun as you go from 1 to 5 gear quickly! The quality of the Mustangs produced now are comparable to anything on the excellent car market. My next car will be a GT Mustang in the next 2 or 3 months; my Bullitt will stay with me.

Suggested Improvements

If I had a single complaint it would be the shift to reverse.That's all. I plan on buying a new GT Coupe soon and it will be a 5 speed manual of course!

Real Bang for the Buck
By Scott

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car looks mean, handles great, and turns heads every day. Deffinately worth spending your money on. It's never a boring drive, and doesn't draw too much attention from the authorities. I love to turn off the traction control! I went toe to toe with an SRT 8 and stayed right up there up to 120 mph and didn't lose an inch.

Favorite Features

Best handling car I've ever owned. Always gets looks and turns heads.

Suggested Improvements

Louder exhaust, rpm's hang between shifts, speed shifter would be nice.

One mean Bullitt!
By Bullitt #206

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

One quick ride, traded a 97 Z28 Camaro for the Bullitt. Camaro more stable at 115+ speeds, Mustang much more comfortable, all other aspects very comparable. Get 17/24 mpg not bad for a v8 racer. Handles great, accelerates great and brakes on the Bulltt/Mach 1/Cobras are fantastic! After owning this I will never buy a stock GT its all special edition Mustangs for me in the future!

Favorite Features

1.35 mph hiway on ramp doing roughly 50-55, punch it to pass cars on hiway doing 65-70 to merge in. 2.Bus pulls out in front of me, slam brakes at 60 to come to a complete stop short of disaster, then punch it to not get rear ended. 3.pulling away from 60's70's corvettes at Watkins Glen racetrack

Suggested Improvements

Ive 4.10 gears, short throw steeda shifter, long tube headers, bored 30 over, forged pistons, k&n cold air intake, bassani headers back x-pipe exhaust. Swar bar rear axel support.Cams and heads are next and it really needs a tune to realise full potential of all mods and tie them together.

Bullitt 2001 by Car2nz
By Bullitt01

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

(PRO)When looking to trade out of my 1998 Cobra convertable, I drove many Ford vehichles, not limited to Roush and Cobra's. The comfort and styling of the Bullitt was for me. I get more looks and comments than with the Cobra. (CON) Squeaky windows, squeaky struts, parking at the far end of the parking lots and slower than my 'ol cobra :( Other reviews state that the Bullitt model is a $3000 upgrade. Try doubling that or more; with no dealer markdowns at $27,000 for the Bullitt in comparison with a GT you can buy for about $20,000 with markdowns. Only 5 horsepower diff., maybe the potential for more HP is there?

Favorite Features

Retro styling and aluminum trim (hot shifter in the summer). The seats, the most comfortable ever! Slightly louder exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

Covertable model.