2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
# 5169
By Forchek on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is definately a hot ticket. Extremely fast, quick, and very stylish. If your looking to purchase a used GT this '01 is worth locating. Most of these will be in good shape too because of their collector status. However, these cars were meant to be driven.

A true Review of the 2001 Mustang GT
By David Townsend on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

From the first turn of the key you will love this car. This is a car that will make you excited to drive around for no reason. Interior: Well the interior is average, but well designed. The Leather seats are quite nice and fitting but a little low on support for tall people. The controls are a little too far away from the driver. EXTERIOR: What can i say, if people don't notice your mustang then they are blind or just a jealous and scourned Camaro fan. I have gotten complements from bleeding heart camaro fans on my mustang. OVERALL if you want to have fun driving, love the sound and power of a V8 engine then this is you. Good luck in your Mustang Travels

Cobras Rock
By codeninja on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car. Awesome ride. Sure wish the tires would last longer though!

2001 Cobra Fast Fun
By 01Cobraisawesome on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A responsive solid feeling muscle machine. Well balanced with the aluminum engine block.

MYSTANG
By ALLIE on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

COMPLAINTS, ONE BEING THE BRAKES, COME TO FIND OUT THAT THEY HAD TO BE RE CUT, I ALSO FEEL THAT THE TRANSMISSION IS NOT FUNCTIONING 100% THEY HAVE CHECKED IT 5 TIMES ALREADY, BUT THEY SAY THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT IT DOES NOT SHIFT PROPERLY OR AS SMOOTHLY AS IT SHOULD, UPON STOPPING SOMETHINGS IT FEELS THAT EITHER THE TRANNY OR THE ENGINE WANTS TO KEEP GOING AND FEELS THAT ITS GOING TO FY RIGHT OUT THE FRONT OF THE CAR, OF COURSE WHEN IT HAS BEEN IN & THE TECH TAKES A TEST DRIVE OF COURSE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN,

2001 gt
By pcpham on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Only probs i had was that when you shift from first to second, there is a loud noise and you can feel the transmission shaking. didn't notice it in a 2002 test drive. also, squeeky noises from the rear suspension. took it into ford but they couldn't find a problem.

18 AGAIN!
By MustangLinda on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Ordered my baby in July 2001 and didn't take delivery until November. WORTH THE WAIT! Have had more fun with this little car. When I get in it, I'm 18 again - heads are turning - can't even count how many compliments I've had. White w/black stripes and charcoal leather interior - two years old and I love her as much as the day I brought her home. Only has needed routine maintenance. I actually think I'll keep her past the time she's paid for!

Mustang: Still a Classic
By MrMorden on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My Mustang GT has been a great car. It has had no significant problems, and performs the way I'd expect for the last of the Pony Cars. It responds very well to aftermarket items like exhaust & suspension upgrades, and you can make the car anything you want, from a mild commuter, to a world-class handling car, to a fire-breathing monster muscle car. It's all up to you.

2001 yellow Mustang GT coupe
By yellow Mustang GT on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is a great car for your money worth. Bangs for bucks. Sure it doesn't have the power of the Camaro or Trans Am but doesn't cost as much either. And is still the more popular car of the GM brothers. That why it out sells both of them 2-1 and why they were put out of production in 2002. I have had no problems yet this car after 21,000 miles. It sure turns a lot of heads and is asked to be raced at the lights as well. This a great car to drive daily to work & fun. Although the GT is really a bad car in the snow or wet weather so have some kind of back up car for winter.

Never get a Ford
By Cobra owner on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All this car has gave me is troubles. I thought a Cobra can be floored once an awhile? But all it did was crack the head, gasket leak, and throttle body defects. I had to take it back to the dealer which gladely fixed it but for me to come back. I would say it has kick ass power, but lacks the quality I paid for it.