Used 2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Still a FORD!
By DjR

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After searching out what I thought would be a great car. I found a car that is not so great! I am 6'4 and the interior for me is horrible. The seats are angled weird. My knee hit the turn signal all the time. Why is it so low? Poor design inside. I enjoy the look of the exterior which is what caught my eye to begin with. But it is not the car I was thinking it would be. A let down. Fast and good looking yes. but a lot of money for just a plastic FORD! Very cheaply made and little to no quality put into it. I had a 300z before this and I am going back to the Z. Day and Night. Rent one first before buying a Mustang. I should have.

Convertible, performance and Mineral Gray paint color. V8.

Window control button and cruise needs to be lit; dark at night and I can't see it. Seat design. Turn signal lever raise it up. Obviously they did the whole car over for 2005 so I am not sure why I am even complaining in this forum.

My favorite car
By Justin Hilton

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd mustang. My first with a v8. True to its title as an American muscle car, it lacks the refinement you would find in other types of vehicles. Drafty inside with a lot of interior noise. Choppy ride ... but despite all this it is still my favorite car ever.

Modular V8 is silky smooth. Awesome performance per dollar. Aggressive styling. Super reliable.

Interior noise is horrendous. Ride is choppy.

2001 Mustang Convertable
By Bryan

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this '01 Mustang with 44K miles already logged. Mileage is now 68K with only one tune up and a change of disk brakes pads. Very reliable, averages 23mpg all the time. Convertible top is very easy to operate. Great fun economical car. Looks fast sitting still. :-)

Mustang Bullitt 2001
By tony21

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is great.

V6 Contertible Mustang
By Robert Jay

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My ford mustang was purchased pre-owned
and has not given my any problems yet.
My mustang is fun to drive and is very
reliable. The durability is also great
compared to a more compact size car.

The black convertible top with the black intereior leather look great with the white exterior paint and the black decals.

the convertible V6 although has the same horsepower as the coupe does not seem to take off as fast. the v6 contertible base model should have more tork.