2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
great car
By beirut3030 on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i love it and i am getting ready to enter it into a really nice car show

2001 Cobra convertable
By qwert on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very fun car to drive, especially with the top down. Good low end power, very sharp handling. Steering response is crisp and precise. Road noise with top up is less than expected. This is a fun car for a long drive, a Sunday cruise with the top down, or a daily commute to work.

My 2001 Cobra is a total POS!
By Eric Westermeyer on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First of all, do not buy a 2001 SVT Ford Mustang Cobra. The car has a bad knock/ping. The ping has been there since day one and Ford will not fix it. They put out an official statement that says pinging is normal. My car dynoed below Ford's acceptable HP and torque figures and has been in the shop for over 30 days of unscheduled maintenance in a year and a half. The transmission was replaced at 3,000 miles. The list goes on and on. Myself and my family will never buy a Ford product again. This includes any company that Ford owns, such as Mazda, Jaguar, etc. Ford, you sold me the worst car that I have ever owned and you do not honor warranties.

Be Frank Bullitt!
By BACKNBLACK on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My dealer called me and told me he had a special Mustang that I had to see. I fell in love with this car when i first saw it. I have always been a McQueen fan and I love the chase in the movie "BULLITT". The car looks, sounds and goes better than any other car for the money!

Ford almost hit the mark!
By Marty I on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Transmission problems, grind 1-2 shift and 3-4 shift when cold. CD's sticking in 6 disc player. Water leaks around windows(convertable). Premature carpet wear around accelerator pedal. Poor traction under hard acceleration (wheel hop). It seems that Ford chose to put a light duty transmission behind a 320 HP engine. Overall poor quality for a vehicle costing close to 35,000.00 dollars. Very little dealer support in addressing the problems. Traded it in for a 50th Anniversary Vette. I'll rate that after I drive it for a while.

after two years
By zrayrichter on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

well worth the money

2001 Ford Mustang
By radams149 on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The only problem that I've had so far with my 2001 Ford Mustang is the heat. There is no control to heat your feet and upper body at the same time. Either your feet are cold or your hands and face are??????????????????

Serious Power
By Jose Ontiveros on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased the car stock. I added a procharger supercharger, saleen body kit, 18x9.5 cobra R rims, Brembo brakes, t56 tranny, mac long tube headers, bassani x pipe, 2 flowmasters 40 series, and Recaro Seats and well this car is getting me 552 @ 5600 hp's wiht 518 rwhp tuned by me with some modifications and I saved about 10,000 dollars buying a cobra. So it's a good deal to buy this Gt because it has a lot of potential.

Bullitt #416
By fastback on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Most people are unaware that there even is such a vehicle, and if they are aware most still don't "get it." Well I got it, I "get it" and I love it. No it's not a Cobra but it handles superbly, it looks and sounds great. It's not necessarily a performance statement but more of an era statement. The subtle, no spoiler, no stripes, no unnecessary frills looks are excellent.

# 5169
By Forchek on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is definately a hot ticket. Extremely fast, quick, and very stylish. If your looking to purchase a used GT this '01 is worth locating. Most of these will be in good shape too because of their collector status. However, these cars were meant to be driven.