100,000 MILES AND THEN...PROBLEMS
By Charlie Hummell on
2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)
I loved this vehicle until it hit the magic mileage number...100,000 miles. Note also that I do an excellent job maintaining my vehicles. At 100,000 miles, though, my Mustang first had a cracked exhaust manifold ($450.00). A few months later it sprung two oil leaks in the transmission and wouldn't hold any oil ($350.00). About two weeks later it wouldn't start one day (transmission shift cable - $215.00). As I've read in other reviews, I have also experienced the engine vibration as I come to a stop at an intersection. It's now got about 109,000 miles, so I can't really complain, (and I still like the car), but I'm wondering how much life it has until something major goes wrong.
Favorite Features
When it's washed and detailed, it's still a great looking vehicle. It's fun to drive...my wife and I take it on road trips up and down the coast as our "fun car."
Suggested Improvements
It's got some blind spots depending on the angle of the intersection / traffic. Do something about the oil leaks! My last car, a Ford Probe, also had problems with oil leaks.