Used 2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun is a four letter word spelled FORD!
By AJ

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The FORD Mustang GT Convertible is a blast and a treat to enjoy. Even as a 2001 model purchased used online, I am pleased with the performance. The only ding would be the fake hood scoop leaks water a good half an hour after a car wash and thus leave water spots on the hood, etc. Otherwise, let the good times roll!

Convertible roof and V8 looks.

Fix the fake hood wind intake to not leak water from a car wash or rain.

Great Mustang
By nelsomc

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is probably the best Mustang ever built. Classic, unique and really cool looking. I have made a few modifications for very little money and I can leave all the C5 Corvettes looking at my tail lights. What a great car to drive. It gets attention from kids to grandmas. I only wish the trunk were bigger, but that's my only complaint. I think this model looks better than the new Mustang and will wait to see what the 2007 Bullitt looks like.

Intake, Arvin Mufflers, aluminum features, lowered stance, and C-pillars.

More trunk space.

01 SVT Cobra Convertible
By Tom D

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What a great car. The car will do whatever you ask of it, from pushing it hard to weekly commuting. Bought used at 22K miles and selling it at 64K miles over 2.5 yrs. Seems to have above average resale value. Had thermostat fail which almost caused a melt down, but didn't do any damage. Overall, a fairly expensive vehicle to own/operate. Repair parts, brake pads/rotors, tires seem expensive due to low availability and more performance oriented design. Insurance wasnít bad but could be with questionable record. Questionable usage during winter, didnít have many problems driving in Michigan but certainly need to pick your battles and find alternate transportation/stay home a few days.

Horsepower, handling, interior/exterior appearance.

More drivers leg room, selectable AWD, improved rear seat area and truck, fit and finish of interior components, intermittent water leaks between convertible top and windows.

Still a FORD!
By DjR

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After searching out what I thought would be a great car. I found a car that is not so great! I am 6'4 and the interior for me is horrible. The seats are angled weird. My knee hit the turn signal all the time. Why is it so low? Poor design inside. I enjoy the look of the exterior which is what caught my eye to begin with. But it is not the car I was thinking it would be. A let down. Fast and good looking yes. but a lot of money for just a plastic FORD! Very cheaply made and little to no quality put into it. I had a 300z before this and I am going back to the Z. Day and Night. Rent one first before buying a Mustang. I should have.

Convertible, performance and Mineral Gray paint color. V8.

Window control button and cruise needs to be lit; dark at night and I can't see it. Seat design. Turn signal lever raise it up. Obviously they did the whole car over for 2005 so I am not sure why I am even complaining in this forum.

My favorite car
By Justin Hilton

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd mustang. My first with a v8. True to its title as an American muscle car, it lacks the refinement you would find in other types of vehicles. Drafty inside with a lot of interior noise. Choppy ride ... but despite all this it is still my favorite car ever.

Modular V8 is silky smooth. Awesome performance per dollar. Aggressive styling. Super reliable.

Interior noise is horrendous. Ride is choppy.