2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
SVT time
By cobraetti on 10/15/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned one for over a year and am pleased. They are "finiky" and require a close eye (oil level) but seem to have a solid base. I am proud to be one of the few SVT owners! andrew

Great Car!
By EGKStang on 06/09/06 10:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car, it rides very smooth and has great acceleration and pickup. I find the seats to be comfortable and they have a nice grip to them. Fuel economy, it's a sports car! When I drive it reasonably I get decent gas mileage; when I get on it, I don't. This is a very fun car, I traded a 00 GT for it. To me it beats the GT in all aspects. It gets lots of looks and people ask me to rev it a lot. It's a Cobra :) More than a car, a symbol!

The reason I live
By Gerard on 01/02/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car more than anything. I have never driven a car that felt so much like pure muscle. I have driven imports like the s2000 and WRX as well as others. But this car here, let me tell you, is a must have for any man needing a boost. Everything about this car is pure muscle, no turbos, superchargers or anything like that. I have a full Bassani exhaust as well as Steeda Stage 2 suspension kit, lowered it about 1.5 inches. Short shifter and K&N filter. 350 horses baby. There is nothing else like this car so if you find one in good shape buy it!

CobraSVT
By TTaco on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is a blast to drive! I dont care where I need to go as long as I'm driving the Cobra I have fun doing it. I added a few modifications to increase the power and improve on the suspension and have it just how I wanted it. I would highly recommend this car.

Sexy Beast
By Twiztid Jedi on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Cobra. I treat it bad like it deserves and still nothing has gone wrong except for some bald tires.

Best Car I've Owned
By PatrickC. on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had no major problems with the car that weren't a result of my own modifications. In factory trim the car is great and everytime I've been to the dealership for service I've been treated well. The Cobra is a product of SVT, almost a company to itself within Ford, and being so your treated differently than a normal vehicle owner at the dealership, SVT has specially trained mechanics at all authorized SVT dealers and if the vehicle is to be kept for a few days you automatically get a free rental.

Cool Cobra
By Scottie T on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. The interior is a masterpiece as is the exterior. It reminds me aa tiger about to pounce on its prey. So much can be done with this car in upgrades because of its versatility. Nothing is really needed to be done with this car because it is just amzing the way it is. Buying this car has been the best choice I've ever made.

My 2001 Cobra is a total POS!
By Eric Westermeyer on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First of all, do not buy a 2001 SVT Ford Mustang Cobra. The car has a bad knock/ping. The ping has been there since day one and Ford will not fix it. They put out an official statement that says pinging is normal. My car dynoed below Ford's acceptable HP and torque figures and has been in the shop for over 30 days of unscheduled maintenance in a year and a half. The transmission was replaced at 3,000 miles. The list goes on and on. Myself and my family will never buy a Ford product again. This includes any company that Ford owns, such as Mazda, Jaguar, etc. Ford, you sold me the worst car that I have ever owned and you do not honor warranties.

Cobras Rock
By codeninja on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car. Awesome ride. Sure wish the tires would last longer though!

2001 Cobra Fast Fun
By 01Cobraisawesome on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A responsive solid feeling muscle machine. Well balanced with the aluminum engine block.