Used 2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

SVT time
By cobraetti

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned one for over a year and am pleased. They are "finiky" and require a close eye (oil level) but seem to have a solid base. I am proud to be one of the few SVT owners! andrew

Favorite Features

320 hp motor

Suggested Improvements

Tighten up the IRS

Great Car!
By EGKStang

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car, it rides very smooth and has great acceleration and pickup. I find the seats to be comfortable and they have a nice grip to them. Fuel economy, it's a sports car! When I drive it reasonably I get decent gas mileage; when I get on it, I don't. This is a very fun car, I traded a 00 GT for it. To me it beats the GT in all aspects. It gets lots of looks and people ask me to rev it a lot. It's a Cobra :) More than a car, a symbol!

Favorite Features

I love the Cobra emblems on the sides, the Cobra letters on the rear bumper. The Cobra's in the seats, the interior itself is awesome. The speed; at 3k RPM it really starts moving.

Suggested Improvements

I know Ford put the 3.27's in for fuel economy, but if I wanted fuel economy I wouldn't buy a Cobra. Put some 4.10's in there! I will be soon. :)

The reason I live
By Gerard

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car more than anything. I have never driven a car that felt so much like pure muscle. I have driven imports like the s2000 and WRX as well as others. But this car here, let me tell you, is a must have for any man needing a boost. Everything about this car is pure muscle, no turbos, superchargers or anything like that. I have a full Bassani exhaust as well as Steeda Stage 2 suspension kit, lowered it about 1.5 inches. Short shifter and K&N filter. 350 horses baby. There is nothing else like this car so if you find one in good shape buy it!

Favorite Features

2nd gear / exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe raise the hood a little more.

CobraSVT
By TTaco

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is a blast to drive! I dont care where I need to go as long as I'm driving the Cobra I have fun doing it. I added a few modifications to increase the power and improve on the suspension and have it just how I wanted it. I would highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Exaust Note, Power, Looks

Suggested Improvements

Tranny is a little stiff in cold temps at first start, Car would be better if Ford lowered it from the start, I had her lowered 1.5" to get it just right.

Sexy Beast
By Twiztid Jedi

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Cobra. I treat it bad like it deserves and still nothing has gone wrong except for some bald tires.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, suede seats, very nice sound system, 6-disc changer