2001 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Decent
By mikes201487 on 07/13/14 23:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got a 2001 Ford Mustang from a private owner. The previous owner didn't take care of it. Radio was broken so I had to replace it, she didnt do oil change for 4,000 miles left it. I bought the car at 156,577 miles. now has 159,000 everything is working fine. I love this one cuz of leather seats and its good fun to drive with windows down!

good car, fast in highway
By trooper66 on 09/13/12 08:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, just did not give me headaches, fast, strong, distinctive, is not a very expensive car and very profitable. The pieces get them anywhere, not expensive repair, this car is the best thing Ford has manufactured without belittling others, I have with my car three years and only tune ups, oil changes, tires and bands, normal ! I have a 3.8 l v6 mustang base 5 speed. Accelerated to highway 95 and the car shows no tremors or anything at all, mine has 120k, the only thing I do not like in this car are fake vents on the sides of the car. The rest is perfect.

Used to be fun :(
By fordgirlaz on 07/15/12 22:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car used in 2005 when I started college w/a lot of miles already (now 177k). The car was an absolute blast to drive for the1st couple years. Even though it was a V6, the manual tranny gave it some gusto. Sadly after 2-3 years of owning it, I started noticing a ticking sound, which turned out to be a major exhaust leak, & eventually I had both exhaust pipes completely break off from the engine block. Then a couple years later, the major blow out came--I now have a blown piston rod, & the cost of the repairs is more than the car's value. Also had a headlight & all power features go out. So sad to see it go. I would've bought another if it wasn't for the major mechanical setbacks

Great car
By stangdude on 12/29/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 Stang in 2003. I love my Stang. I've taken many road trips and every time I get 30 mpg. I have taken care of my Stang, getting the regular maintenance. I do not race the car, but this thing will get up and go. I will be a Stang man for life.

Great car
By 3.8guy on 09/17/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

For the money you can't beat it. I've put 35000 miles on it since I've had it with little to NO trouble aside from regular maintenance. 85000 on it now and still going strong. Very practical car for daily driving, but also good fun when the mood strikes. So far I've been able to get 31mpg on the highway and about 17/18 in the city with a 5 speed trans. Not bad for an 8 year old sports car.

Go Ahead and Look, U know U want to!!
By Robert Bonilla on 05/09/09 11:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first mustang, she has 78k, and I gotta tell you, the engine matinence fantastic.... I have the Limited Edition, cloth interior, white stripes, modified exhaust (loud),pull down seats....etc....she handles great, she's fast and beautiful, and a 5sp at that. I previously owned a 5sp ZX...and the Mustang LE....just knocks it out of the Park...See one...get one...Im happy I did....zooom ZoOOOM

Fun Pony!
By BriGuy on 10/26/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is in my top 3 of cars I have ever owned. Didn't want to pay the extra insurance or worse gas mileage so I went for the 3.8 V6. I was worried it would be a wimp, not a chance. Rivals the power I have in my V8 Grand Marquis! Handled great on corners. Got 26 MPG consistently! Sold at 78k and never had a repair!

Good so far
By rat on 07/01/08 16:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive. Very different from the other cars in its class. It's very crude and unrefined. But you get a totally different kind of experience driving this. The exhaust sounds great. It is a little hard to shift with the manual transmission and it grinds when I try to put it in reverse gear after starting it. Other than that, it has been pretty reliable.

Very Fun
By Alistair314 on 06/18/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I'm gonna start off by saying I love this car. It was my first sports car and I miss it very much. Its underpowered unfortunatly. For some reason Ford managed to get only 192 horsepower out of a 3.8 liter V6. It oversteers tremendously and driving it in rain or snow is a funny joke. It's just something about driving a Mustang that is just amazing.

Fun Car
By solo on 02/12/06 21:27 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. Looks great, performs great, just cant be beat for the price. Only problem I have is that I can't shift into 5th over 75 mph without the gears grinding a little.