Used 2001 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Decent
By mikes201487

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got a 2001 Ford Mustang from a private owner. The previous owner didn't take care of it. Radio was broken so I had to replace it, she didnt do oil change for 4,000 miles left it. I bought the car at 156,577 miles. now has 159,000 everything is working fine. I love this one cuz of leather seats and its good fun to drive with windows down!

good car, fast in highway
By trooper66

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, just did not give me headaches, fast, strong, distinctive, is not a very expensive car and very profitable. The pieces get them anywhere, not expensive repair, this car is the best thing Ford has manufactured without belittling others, I have with my car three years and only tune ups, oil changes, tires and bands, normal ! I have a 3.8 l v6 mustang base 5 speed. Accelerated to highway 95 and the car shows no tremors or anything at all, mine has 120k, the only thing I do not like in this car are fake vents on the sides of the car. The rest is perfect.

Used to be fun :(
By fordgirlaz

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car used in 2005 when I started college w/a lot of miles already (now 177k). The car was an absolute blast to drive for the1st couple years. Even though it was a V6, the manual tranny gave it some gusto. Sadly after 2-3 years of owning it, I started noticing a ticking sound, which turned out to be a major exhaust leak, & eventually I had both exhaust pipes completely break off from the engine block. Then a couple years later, the major blow out came--I now have a blown piston rod, & the cost of the repairs is more than the car's value. Also had a headlight & all power features go out. So sad to see it go. I would've bought another if it wasn't for the major mechanical setbacks

Favorite Features

Sporty handling; fun with manual transmission (but was really hard to drive at 1st because the clutch is not hydraulic); attractive two-toned interior

Suggested Improvements

Too many exhaust problems (was told this was a chronic problem with the '01 model); not built to last for someone with a lead foot

Loving it now
By wifesgthaha

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always hated fords. I own a 97 cavalier z24 myself. has all the mods. getting ready for paint. nice. then i bought my wife her stang. its the 4.6 v8 5 speed. i am totally in love with this car. never thought i could find a ford this comfortable and the dual exhaust sounds awesome. mine now sounds like a [violative content deleted] bumble bee compared to hers. we are still trying to figure out if its a bullit or not. its got alot of the features and designs and the title says bullit gt but it doesnt matter. i am now selling my car to buy one like hers. lol

Favorite Features

The power i feel when i kick it in

Suggested Improvements

hydraulic clutch. i never messed with a mechanical so this is a new one on me.

ONE HOT RIDE
By Hot Ride

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ive been driving this Stand for 1 month now and I get compliments from everyone. Comming from 2008 CIVIC si, This GT got lot muscle under the hood. I love the interior, which is not cheap quality. Exterior Chassis and paint is still in excellent condition. So far Car is running like new. So far I havent spend single dime except oil change.

Favorite Features

Build Quality both Interior and Exterior, Lot of HP, FORD 460 MACH AUDIO, Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Release more colors.