2001 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Decent
By mikes201487 on 07/13/14 23:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got a 2001 Ford Mustang from a private owner. The previous owner didn't take care of it. Radio was broken so I had to replace it, she didnt do oil change for 4,000 miles left it. I bought the car at 156,577 miles. now has 159,000 everything is working fine. I love this one cuz of leather seats and its good fun to drive with windows down!

good car, fast in highway
By trooper66 on 09/13/12 08:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, just did not give me headaches, fast, strong, distinctive, is not a very expensive car and very profitable. The pieces get them anywhere, not expensive repair, this car is the best thing Ford has manufactured without belittling others, I have with my car three years and only tune ups, oil changes, tires and bands, normal ! I have a 3.8 l v6 mustang base 5 speed. Accelerated to highway 95 and the car shows no tremors or anything at all, mine has 120k, the only thing I do not like in this car are fake vents on the sides of the car. The rest is perfect.

Used to be fun :(
By fordgirlaz on 07/15/12 22:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car used in 2005 when I started college w/a lot of miles already (now 177k). The car was an absolute blast to drive for the1st couple years. Even though it was a V6, the manual tranny gave it some gusto. Sadly after 2-3 years of owning it, I started noticing a ticking sound, which turned out to be a major exhaust leak, & eventually I had both exhaust pipes completely break off from the engine block. Then a couple years later, the major blow out came--I now have a blown piston rod, & the cost of the repairs is more than the car's value. Also had a headlight & all power features go out. So sad to see it go. I would've bought another if it wasn't for the major mechanical setbacks

Loving it now
By wifesgthaha on 07/13/11 22:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always hated fords. I own a 97 cavalier z24 myself. has all the mods. getting ready for paint. nice. then i bought my wife her stang. its the 4.6 v8 5 speed. i am totally in love with this car. never thought i could find a ford this comfortable and the dual exhaust sounds awesome. mine now sounds like a [violative content deleted] bumble bee compared to hers. we are still trying to figure out if its a bullit or not. its got alot of the features and designs and the title says bullit gt but it doesnt matter. i am now selling my car to buy one like hers. lol

ONE HOT RIDE
By Hot Ride on 01/05/10 01:37 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ive been driving this Stand for 1 month now and I get compliments from everyone. Comming from 2008 CIVIC si, This GT got lot muscle under the hood. I love the interior, which is not cheap quality. Exterior Chassis and paint is still in excellent condition. So far Car is running like new. So far I havent spend single dime except oil change.

Great car
By stangdude on 12/29/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 Stang in 2003. I love my Stang. I've taken many road trips and every time I get 30 mpg. I have taken care of my Stang, getting the regular maintenance. I do not race the car, but this thing will get up and go. I will be a Stang man for life.

2001 Mustang GT Premium Amazing!!!
By LT1Killer01GT on 12/23/09 09:55 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car i have ever owned.From day one i was in love with this car and 3 girlfriends later i still own it.The Modular V8 is Fords most reliable motor hands down.The "NEW EDGE" body styling is my favorite of all the Mustangs.I don't drive this car year around but i have owned it for over 2 yrs now and its at 99k with no issues what so ever! Besides normal maint and such..On top of the great vaule and the aftermarket parts are just unlimited so i decided to add some bolt ons JLT CAI,Accufab 75mm TB, Diablo Tune,STEEDA Pulleys,BASSANI O/R X-PIPE,BASSANI SS CAT-BACK,Bullitt 315s with Nitto Drag Radials runs mid 13s all day!Does need a better stock shifter and bigger trunk h/w.

Please To Own A Piece Of History
By 2001Stang954 on 10/26/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I always wanted a MUSTANG now I have one wow. I enjoy driving my car and I get alot of compliments because of the color and cleanliness. For some odd reasons ricers always want to race and get beat bad. Good driving on the highway gives u that passing speed and to me just all around fun.

Great car
By 3.8guy on 09/17/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

For the money you can't beat it. I've put 35000 miles on it since I've had it with little to NO trouble aside from regular maintenance. 85000 on it now and still going strong. Very practical car for daily driving, but also good fun when the mood strikes. So far I've been able to get 31mpg on the highway and about 17/18 in the city with a 5 speed trans. Not bad for an 8 year old sports car.

Head Turner
By Jay S on 06/13/09 23:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Nice acceleration great for overtaking people on the highway. And what's fun is when people try to race you on the highways. No problems so far handles and drives smooth. Summer tires a plus.