Used 2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My second Edge GT
By Dad that likes fun

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 GT new and it was a fun car but the insurance was too much and I had to sell it. I just bought this 2001 GT convertible and it brings back all the great memories of that 02 but now the insurance is 1/3 the price. I love these cars because they are the cheapest fun you can use to commute to work. I get 27 mpg, 130 miles a day and my 3 year old loves it. It's loud (flowmaster) fun, fast, and engaging for a person that loves cars. Why anybody would commute in a boring daily driver I can't understand when you can get these things so cheap used and they get decent mileage....I was buying a new Challenger this year but think I made the right choice.

3000 to 5800 rpm pull. 27 mpg. Listening to that sound as you shift through the gears.

Aftermarket louder exhaust and lower it. Performance enhancements from the aftermarket are unlimited.

Best car I've ever owned!
By hypnoticjoker

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've only had it for a few months now but I can honestly say it's by far my favorite car. It's luxurious and sporty at the same time, while still living up to it's muscle car reputation. Very comfortable seats and great overall design. I get compliments everywhere I go. With 260 horsepower and so many aftermarket options, this car is great for both everyday driving and taking to the track. This car is an American classic and once you drive one you'll understand why. It's a must have! I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants the best of both world's in an automobile.

Powerful engine, stylish and comfortable design, great handling

CD player could function a bit better, but other than that, no complaints.

Good car for the money
By Da Bomb

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year now and I love it. It is fun to drive and gets respectable gas mileage for what it is. However, I have had several non-engine related mechanical issues. I have had to replace all 4 power windows this year, and my Mach CD player broke and is expensive to fix. I have also had to fix the power window switch. But the engine has been flawless. If you want a simple fun convertible, I highly recommend this car.

Exterior design, my 5 speed transmission and Mach stereo system

More reliable interior features.

I'm happy with my choice
By the real deal

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had been shopping around for convertibles and one day I happened to stumble upon this one. I'm glad I went with this car because it was probably the best convertible with a decent amount of performance I've come across for my price range. I have an automatic model and prefer a manual transmission but because this car is so much fun to drive and it's my daily driver, I don't mind not having control of the gears. I've only had the car for less than a week and bought it with 86000 miles so I can't say much about reliability. It eats gas up in the city but you have to kind of expect that from a V8.

Stock it has plenty of power for the price (KBB is at about 11.6k right now), convertible is great on nice days, responds great to bolt-on performance parts with a tune, powerful stereo system, one of the best Mustang generations for exterior styling.

Shifter and radio feel far away, small backseats, seats are kind of stiff feeling(i have leather ones), could use a more powerful subwoofer.

281 Vert
By gunns20

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I always take the long way to work. That sums up my experience with the car. There has only been one problem in over a year of ownership, and that was the top. Ford fixed it under the EXTENDED warranty. Really surprised me, and was much appreciated, considering what I've heard from others about Ford. Awesome looks, sounds great, faster than 99% of cars on the road, been super reliable, 281 cubes, and American muscle. My former Acura was nothing in performance and reliability compared to this. Goes to show if you treat a car right and maintain it properly, it'll love you back. People gripe about the fake scoops, but look at 60/70's muscle cars and tons have fake scoops too. I love 'em!

V8. Torque. Burble. With an aftermarket exhaust, it's mean and puts any import to shame. Respectable mileage; even with price hikes I drive it everywhere. Shifter's clunky, but handles being hammered. RWD. Never got stuck, even in UT snow. Everyone feels special when I take the top down.

Any muscle car can use more power. Seats have no support. But the new Stang basically fixed all that.