Used 2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Car
By Ron

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the car used with 65k miles. It was in great shape with exception of the leather driver seat and a small leak from the power steering hose. The leak never materialized to anything and the seat continued to deteriorate. That's the worst of it. Otherwise it was reliable, fast, and very fun. The gas mileage was better than my mini van. I did sell it, but wish I didn't. It was a great car.

Power, easy convertible top operation.

More durable materials for the leather seating.

Longevity!
By Owner2001

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of my '01 convertible and I am extremely impressed with the build quality. Other than scheduled fluid changes I have not had a single issue. The car starts everytime, it is fun to drive and for what it is (an entry level sports car) I am a very satisfied customer. Having owned a '95 coupe this car is superior in every way. I have modified the car with dual exhaust /w GT bumper, hood & side scoops, a fibreglass front bumper, tires & rims, welded sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, pedal kit, and new air intake.

Stereo /w 6-disc in-dash changer, style, quality, suspension, styling

Before dealing with the power issue I recommend you upgrade the brakes and suspension. A new rear end is also a good idea with sport gears (3.73 or 4.10). Be careful with any engine upgrades because if done incorrectly you will blow the head gaskets/seals and the engine will never be the same again

My second Edge GT
By Dad that likes fun

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 GT new and it was a fun car but the insurance was too much and I had to sell it. I just bought this 2001 GT convertible and it brings back all the great memories of that 02 but now the insurance is 1/3 the price. I love these cars because they are the cheapest fun you can use to commute to work. I get 27 mpg, 130 miles a day and my 3 year old loves it. It's loud (flowmaster) fun, fast, and engaging for a person that loves cars. Why anybody would commute in a boring daily driver I can't understand when you can get these things so cheap used and they get decent mileage....I was buying a new Challenger this year but think I made the right choice.

3000 to 5800 rpm pull. 27 mpg. Listening to that sound as you shift through the gears.

Aftermarket louder exhaust and lower it. Performance enhancements from the aftermarket are unlimited.

Best car I've ever owned!
By hypnoticjoker

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've only had it for a few months now but I can honestly say it's by far my favorite car. It's luxurious and sporty at the same time, while still living up to it's muscle car reputation. Very comfortable seats and great overall design. I get compliments everywhere I go. With 260 horsepower and so many aftermarket options, this car is great for both everyday driving and taking to the track. This car is an American classic and once you drive one you'll understand why. It's a must have! I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants the best of both world's in an automobile.

Powerful engine, stylish and comfortable design, great handling

CD player could function a bit better, but other than that, no complaints.

Good car for the money
By Da Bomb

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year now and I love it. It is fun to drive and gets respectable gas mileage for what it is. However, I have had several non-engine related mechanical issues. I have had to replace all 4 power windows this year, and my Mach CD player broke and is expensive to fix. I have also had to fix the power window switch. But the engine has been flawless. If you want a simple fun convertible, I highly recommend this car.

Exterior design, my 5 speed transmission and Mach stereo system

More reliable interior features.