2001 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Car
By Ron on 08/25/10 09:04 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the car used with 65k miles. It was in great shape with exception of the leather driver seat and a small leak from the power steering hose. The leak never materialized to anything and the seat continued to deteriorate. That's the worst of it. Otherwise it was reliable, fast, and very fun. The gas mileage was better than my mini van. I did sell it, but wish I didn't. It was a great car.

Longevity!
By Owner2001 on 07/17/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of my '01 convertible and I am extremely impressed with the build quality. Other than scheduled fluid changes I have not had a single issue. The car starts everytime, it is fun to drive and for what it is (an entry level sports car) I am a very satisfied customer. Having owned a '95 coupe this car is superior in every way. I have modified the car with dual exhaust /w GT bumper, hood & side scoops, a fibreglass front bumper, tires & rims, welded sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, pedal kit, and new air intake.

My second Edge GT
By Dad that likes fun on 05/22/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 GT new and it was a fun car but the insurance was too much and I had to sell it. I just bought this 2001 GT convertible and it brings back all the great memories of that 02 but now the insurance is 1/3 the price. I love these cars because they are the cheapest fun you can use to commute to work. I get 27 mpg, 130 miles a day and my 3 year old loves it. It's loud (flowmaster) fun, fast, and engaging for a person that loves cars. Why anybody would commute in a boring daily driver I can't understand when you can get these things so cheap used and they get decent mileage....I was buying a new Challenger this year but think I made the right choice.

Best car I've ever owned!
By hypnoticjoker on 10/02/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've only had it for a few months now but I can honestly say it's by far my favorite car. It's luxurious and sporty at the same time, while still living up to it's muscle car reputation. Very comfortable seats and great overall design. I get compliments everywhere I go. With 260 horsepower and so many aftermarket options, this car is great for both everyday driving and taking to the track. This car is an American classic and once you drive one you'll understand why. It's a must have! I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants the best of both world's in an automobile.

Good car for the money
By Da Bomb on 07/10/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year now and I love it. It is fun to drive and gets respectable gas mileage for what it is. However, I have had several non-engine related mechanical issues. I have had to replace all 4 power windows this year, and my Mach CD player broke and is expensive to fix. I have also had to fix the power window switch. But the engine has been flawless. If you want a simple fun convertible, I highly recommend this car.

I'm happy with my choice
By the real deal on 05/26/08 14:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had been shopping around for convertibles and one day I happened to stumble upon this one. I'm glad I went with this car because it was probably the best convertible with a decent amount of performance I've come across for my price range. I have an automatic model and prefer a manual transmission but because this car is so much fun to drive and it's my daily driver, I don't mind not having control of the gears. I've only had the car for less than a week and bought it with 86000 miles so I can't say much about reliability. It eats gas up in the city but you have to kind of expect that from a V8.

281 Vert
By gunns20 on 08/15/06 23:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I always take the long way to work. That sums up my experience with the car. There has only been one problem in over a year of ownership, and that was the top. Ford fixed it under the EXTENDED warranty. Really surprised me, and was much appreciated, considering what I've heard from others about Ford. Awesome looks, sounds great, faster than 99% of cars on the road, been super reliable, 281 cubes, and American muscle. My former Acura was nothing in performance and reliability compared to this. Goes to show if you treat a car right and maintain it properly, it'll love you back. People gripe about the fake scoops, but look at 60/70's muscle cars and tons have fake scoops too. I love 'em!

Ford Loses A LOYAL one
By Marc on 11/12/05 20:26 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After leasing Ford Mustangs for 12 years that covered 3 GT's fully equipped - I learned the hard lesson of buying a Ford. My last Mustang GT had so many various problems that Ford continued to ignore that my engine blew with 61k miles. I have had 2 tune ups. oil changes on time, a new fuel filter, 5 new coils and so on. Ford takes no responsibility in their failures and the defective Mustang. I am never never going to buy a American car again. Not only because it was a horror on wheels but worse - a corporate giant like Ford wanted to rip me off for $7,000 dollars to fix again - (my mechanic $1,000) - never again will I be caught in American cars. I learned my lesson and they lost a customer forever.

MUSCLE MUSTANG is back!
By LJC on 11/10/05 22:33 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

With just a few tweaks here and there, this car becomes a hybrid muscle car and sports car. Goes FAST, sounds AWESOME, great handling -- like it's superglued to the road. The best part about the tweaks -- e.g. aftermarket exhaust -- is that they don't compromise reliability or fuel economy. The convertible top is very solid and secure when locked up, no flapping or significant noisiness, even on the highway. Top-down, this car is a blast just as well, and the MACH sound system can easily be heard over even a passing semi.

Great value
By nvbanker on 10/02/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car has given me no trouble whatever. It has taken a lot of abuse from my son, and has kept on ticking. I'm very impressed with its performance, and toughness. For the money, it's the finest car I've seen.