2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mustang Consumer Reviews

Bullitt 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual - (32 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

One mean Bullitt!
By Bullitt #206

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

One quick ride, traded a 97 Z28 Camaro for the Bullitt. Camaro more stable at 115+ speeds, Mustang much more comfortable, all other aspects very comparable. Get 17/24 mpg not bad for a v8 racer. Handles great, accelerates great and brakes on the Bulltt/Mach 1/Cobras are fantastic! After owning this I will never buy a stock GT its all special edition Mustangs for me in the future!

Favorite Features

1.35 mph hiway on ramp doing roughly 50-55, punch it to pass cars on hiway doing 65-70 to merge in. 2.Bus pulls out in front of me, slam brakes at 60 to come to a complete stop short of disaster, then punch it to not get rear ended. 3.pulling away from 60's70's corvettes at Watkins Glen racetrack

Suggested Improvements

Ive 4.10 gears, short throw steeda shifter, long tube headers, bored 30 over, forged pistons, k&n cold air intake, bassani headers back x-pipe exhaust. Swar bar rear axel support.Cams and heads are next and it really needs a tune to realise full potential of all mods and tie them together.

Bullitt 1222
By Bullitt 1222

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Its a great investment as well.I own number 1222 of 1800 made in black. The bullitt is def one of the best looking mustangs on the road. I have bolt on's gears and a tune and i am running 12's. this is def a great performance car especially for a 2v mustang,

Favorite Features

stance and overall sleek look as well a numbered collector car.

Real Bang for the Buck
By Scott

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car looks mean, handles great, and turns heads every day. Deffinately worth spending your money on. It's never a boring drive, and doesn't draw too much attention from the authorities. I love to turn off the traction control! I went toe to toe with an SRT 8 and stayed right up there up to 120 mph and didn't lose an inch.

Favorite Features

Best handling car I've ever owned. Always gets looks and turns heads.

Suggested Improvements

Louder exhaust, rpm's hang between shifts, speed shifter would be nice.

Farmer brier's "BULLITT"
By michael k. brier

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought the car in December 2007. Drove it 2.5 hours to get it home. Hated to stop driving it. It's a blast to drive. Had several people pull even with me on the interstate to check it out.The dark highland green color is beautiful. I think I found my second childhood.

Favorite Features

Looks, sound, torque, brakes, handling. Get the picture?

Suggested Improvements

For me nothing. The car has it all

Best Mustang I've ever owned
By Tunnel Rat

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car puts a smile on my face every time I get in. I owned two other 'Stangs and this is the best naturally aspirated Mustang I've ever driven. No one can keep up with me on a cloverleaf. It sticks to the road like a go cart.

Favorite Features

Torque baby, torque, handling. Average 20-24MPG combined with 270 horses.

Suggested Improvements

Black is hard to keep clean.

a bullitt-proof review
By matthew

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle in February 06 and now 5 months went flying by and there isn't a day I don't give thanks for the opportunity of purchasing this great vehicle. All the hype, and history behind it, along with the extra mods, make this GT the best ever built. Accelerates great, looks awesome, and is truly an investment.

Favorite Features

All the extra features, the history, and the raw power.

Suggested Improvements

Really needs a better shifter. Best mod for any Mustang.

Super Mustang Bullitt I love this Car!
By Tom T

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First Mustang I have owned.. I am a old car lover of fast cars. Always owned 442s and fast Chevys. Did not like the Mustang when it first came out. Loved it when the Bullitt came out. Could not find one at first. Someone traded this low mileage Bullitt in for a pickup and I happened to be at the dealership when it drove in and everyone said "WOW."

Favorite Features

Can not believe how fast and fun this Mustang is. Just drive and have fun as you go from 1 to 5 gear quickly! The quality of the Mustangs produced now are comparable to anything on the excellent car market. My next car will be a GT Mustang in the next 2 or 3 months; my Bullitt will stay with me.

Suggested Improvements

If I had a single complaint it would be the shift to reverse.That's all. I plan on buying a new GT Coupe soon and it will be a 5 speed manual of course!

Bullitt Review
By Mario

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great cornering car with lots of power to accelerate through tight/high speed corners. I previously owned a 1994 Mustang GT and the Bullitt is clearly superior in all respects.

Favorite Features

Short throw shifter, brushed metal pedals and accents, and the front seats.

Suggested Improvements

Rear mud flaps to protect back fenders, an analog clock, and a racing harness to hold the driver more securely on the turns.

Great Mustang
By nelsomc

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is probably the best Mustang ever built. Classic, unique and really cool looking. I have made a few modifications for very little money and I can leave all the C5 Corvettes looking at my tail lights. What a great car to drive. It gets attention from kids to grandmas. I only wish the trunk were bigger, but that's my only complaint. I think this model looks better than the new Mustang and will wait to see what the 2007 Bullitt looks like.

Favorite Features

Intake, Arvin Mufflers, aluminum features, lowered stance, and C-pillars.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space.

Mustang Bullitt 2001