Used 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt

Bullitt 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual - (33 reviews )

I love my 2001 Bullitt Mustang
By Paul

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Bullitt mustang is a special car. I like the sleek understated looks. The factory Bullitt rims are awesome. The car handles good! Yeah I know its a mustang but it handles good, has a good ride quality and makes a good daily driver. The interior is cool and the factory shifter is great. Power is decent, I have no complaints. Brakes are also an upgrade from the stock 2001 Gt brakes. Could use a little louder exhaust. The car weighs about 3350 pounds which is light by todays 2016 standards and it feels light and nimble. The steering has better feel than my Boss 302. It has been a very reliable car for me. Get one while you can. Its going to be a collectible.

One mean Bullitt!
By Bullitt #206

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

One quick ride, traded a 97 Z28 Camaro for the Bullitt. Camaro more stable at 115+ speeds, Mustang much more comfortable, all other aspects very comparable. Get 17/24 mpg not bad for a v8 racer. Handles great, accelerates great and brakes on the Bulltt/Mach 1/Cobras are fantastic! After owning this I will never buy a stock GT its all special edition Mustangs for me in the future!

1.35 mph hiway on ramp doing roughly 50-55, punch it to pass cars on hiway doing 65-70 to merge in. 2.Bus pulls out in front of me, slam brakes at 60 to come to a complete stop short of disaster, then punch it to not get rear ended. 3.pulling away from 60's70's corvettes at Watkins Glen racetrack

Ive 4.10 gears, short throw steeda shifter, long tube headers, bored 30 over, forged pistons, k&n cold air intake, bassani headers back x-pipe exhaust. Swar bar rear axel support.Cams and heads are next and it really needs a tune to realise full potential of all mods and tie them together.

Bullitt 1222
By Bullitt 1222

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Its a great investment as well.I own number 1222 of 1800 made in black. The bullitt is def one of the best looking mustangs on the road. I have bolt on's gears and a tune and i am running 12's. this is def a great performance car especially for a 2v mustang,

stance and overall sleek look as well a numbered collector car.

Real Bang for the Buck
By Scott

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car looks mean, handles great, and turns heads every day. Deffinately worth spending your money on. It's never a boring drive, and doesn't draw too much attention from the authorities. I love to turn off the traction control! I went toe to toe with an SRT 8 and stayed right up there up to 120 mph and didn't lose an inch.

Best handling car I've ever owned. Always gets looks and turns heads.

Louder exhaust, rpm's hang between shifts, speed shifter would be nice.

Farmer brier's "BULLITT"
By michael k. brier

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought the car in December 2007. Drove it 2.5 hours to get it home. Hated to stop driving it. It's a blast to drive. Had several people pull even with me on the interstate to check it out.The dark highland green color is beautiful. I think I found my second childhood.

Looks, sound, torque, brakes, handling. Get the picture?

For me nothing. The car has it all