Used 2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Longevity!
By Owner2001

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of my '01 convertible and I am extremely impressed with the build quality. Other than scheduled fluid changes I have not had a single issue. The car starts everytime, it is fun to drive and for what it is (an entry level sports car) I am a very satisfied customer. Having owned a '95 coupe this car is superior in every way. I have modified the car with dual exhaust /w GT bumper, hood & side scoops, a fibreglass front bumper, tires & rims, welded sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, pedal kit, and new air intake.

Favorite Features

Stereo /w 6-disc in-dash changer, style, quality, suspension, styling

Suggested Improvements

Before dealing with the power issue I recommend you upgrade the brakes and suspension. A new rear end is also a good idea with sport gears (3.73 or 4.10). Be careful with any engine upgrades because if done incorrectly you will blow the head gaskets/seals and the engine will never be the same again

Great value
By nvbanker

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car has given me no trouble whatever. It has taken a lot of abuse from my son, and has kept on ticking. I'm very impressed with its performance, and toughness. For the money, it's the finest car I've seen.

Favorite Features

Convertible top works great with no maintenance. Handling is good.

Suggested Improvements

I think they have made them in '05. Except that I like the interior design of mine better than the '05.

2001 Mustang Convertable
By Bryan

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this '01 Mustang with 44K miles already logged. Mileage is now 68K with only one tune up and a change of disk brakes pads. Very reliable, averages 23mpg all the time. Convertible top is very easy to operate. Great fun economical car. Looks fast sitting still. :-)

V6 Contertible Mustang
By Robert Jay

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My ford mustang was purchased pre-owned and has not given my any problems yet. My mustang is fun to drive and is very reliable. The durability is also great compared to a more compact size car.

Favorite Features

The black convertible top with the black intereior leather look great with the white exterior paint and the black decals.

Suggested Improvements

the convertible V6 although has the same horsepower as the coupe does not seem to take off as fast. the v6 contertible base model should have more tork.

2001 Ford Mustang Conv
By MCSD

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love the convertable. Easy to use. Wind noise is noticable, but not bad for a convertable. No problems so far with the car (about 38,000 miles on it). Gas mileage is ok ~ 24 miles/gallon on average.