2001 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Decent
By mikes201487 on 07/13/14 23:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got a 2001 Ford Mustang from a private owner. The previous owner didn't take care of it. Radio was broken so I had to replace it, she didnt do oil change for 4,000 miles left it. I bought the car at 156,577 miles. now has 159,000 everything is working fine. I love this one cuz of leather seats and its good fun to drive with windows down!

good car, fast in highway
By trooper66 on 09/13/12 08:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, just did not give me headaches, fast, strong, distinctive, is not a very expensive car and very profitable. The pieces get them anywhere, not expensive repair, this car is the best thing Ford has manufactured without belittling others, I have with my car three years and only tune ups, oil changes, tires and bands, normal ! I have a 3.8 l v6 mustang base 5 speed. Accelerated to highway 95 and the car shows no tremors or anything at all, mine has 120k, the only thing I do not like in this car are fake vents on the sides of the car. The rest is perfect.

Used to be fun :(
By fordgirlaz on 07/15/12 22:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car used in 2005 when I started college w/a lot of miles already (now 177k). The car was an absolute blast to drive for the1st couple years. Even though it was a V6, the manual tranny gave it some gusto. Sadly after 2-3 years of owning it, I started noticing a ticking sound, which turned out to be a major exhaust leak, & eventually I had both exhaust pipes completely break off from the engine block. Then a couple years later, the major blow out came--I now have a blown piston rod, & the cost of the repairs is more than the car's value. Also had a headlight & all power features go out. So sad to see it go. I would've bought another if it wasn't for the major mechanical setbacks

Loving it now
By wifesgthaha on 07/13/11 22:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always hated fords. I own a 97 cavalier z24 myself. has all the mods. getting ready for paint. nice. then i bought my wife her stang. its the 4.6 v8 5 speed. i am totally in love with this car. never thought i could find a ford this comfortable and the dual exhaust sounds awesome. mine now sounds like a [violative content deleted] bumble bee compared to hers. we are still trying to figure out if its a bullit or not. its got alot of the features and designs and the title says bullit gt but it doesnt matter. i am now selling my car to buy one like hers. lol

Great Car
By Ron on 08/25/10 09:04 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the car used with 65k miles. It was in great shape with exception of the leather driver seat and a small leak from the power steering hose. The leak never materialized to anything and the seat continued to deteriorate. That's the worst of it. Otherwise it was reliable, fast, and very fun. The gas mileage was better than my mini van. I did sell it, but wish I didn't. It was a great car.

One mean Bullitt!
By Bullitt #206 on 01/24/10 09:22 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

One quick ride, traded a 97 Z28 Camaro for the Bullitt. Camaro more stable at 115+ speeds, Mustang much more comfortable, all other aspects very comparable. Get 17/24 mpg not bad for a v8 racer. Handles great, accelerates great and brakes on the Bulltt/Mach 1/Cobras are fantastic! After owning this I will never buy a stock GT its all special edition Mustangs for me in the future!

ONE HOT RIDE
By Hot Ride on 01/05/10 01:37 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ive been driving this Stand for 1 month now and I get compliments from everyone. Comming from 2008 CIVIC si, This GT got lot muscle under the hood. I love the interior, which is not cheap quality. Exterior Chassis and paint is still in excellent condition. So far Car is running like new. So far I havent spend single dime except oil change.

Great car
By stangdude on 12/29/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 Stang in 2003. I love my Stang. I've taken many road trips and every time I get 30 mpg. I have taken care of my Stang, getting the regular maintenance. I do not race the car, but this thing will get up and go. I will be a Stang man for life.

2001 Mustang GT Premium Amazing!!!
By LT1Killer01GT on 12/23/09 09:55 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car i have ever owned.From day one i was in love with this car and 3 girlfriends later i still own it.The Modular V8 is Fords most reliable motor hands down.The "NEW EDGE" body styling is my favorite of all the Mustangs.I don't drive this car year around but i have owned it for over 2 yrs now and its at 99k with no issues what so ever! Besides normal maint and such..On top of the great vaule and the aftermarket parts are just unlimited so i decided to add some bolt ons JLT CAI,Accufab 75mm TB, Diablo Tune,STEEDA Pulleys,BASSANI O/R X-PIPE,BASSANI SS CAT-BACK,Bullitt 315s with Nitto Drag Radials runs mid 13s all day!Does need a better stock shifter and bigger trunk h/w.

Please To Own A Piece Of History
By 2001Stang954 on 10/26/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I always wanted a MUSTANG now I have one wow. I enjoy driving my car and I get alot of compliments because of the color and cleanliness. For some odd reasons ricers always want to race and get beat bad. Good driving on the highway gives u that passing speed and to me just all around fun.