2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: The horse keeps trottin'

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

The horse keeps trottin'
By Ed on

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased my car private party about 3 years ago. In the 3 years of owning it, I have come to find a few things. These are very tight convertibles, well made with a lot of power. They are also one of the quietest on the road with the top up. Plenty of power, and decent gas mileage around town, but can get very good when on the open road driving long distances. Coming from a 5.0, I was hesitant on a 4.6 car, but made sure I got a 99-up with the 265HP. Plenty of power to set you straight. My only issue is the coolant sensor light that seems to be a typical issue with the 99-00 cars. Get a 5 speed. The resale on the automatic cars is poorer.

The "New Edge" body lines are nice. Stock exhaust sounds much better than the previous stock systems. Overall a tried and true rendition of an American classic.

Interior fit and finish is typical Mustang. Not luxurious, but not insultingly cheap. Just average. Front seats don't fully recline because of interference with the interior quarter trim/speaker area. Get a 5 speed. The resale on the automatic cars is poorer.