I've owned my 2000 Mustang GT for 4+ years now. Car now has 155K on her and she's still running strong. The only major failures I've had was the Intake Manifold coolant line busting & heater core leaking(major pain to fix). I've really driven this car hard, but always maintained it, and she is still going strong. Please stop listing to idiots bash a car because they 1. they neglect it. and 2. they give a bad rap because of normal Maintenance items they have to replace(rotors/pads/air filters/fuel filters/plugs). On a different note, after a few basic mods, these cars will run with the feared LS1 Camaro's.
Things to Love:
1. Exhaust Note(especially with L/T headers)
2. Body Styling
3. Handling(very decent for an American car)
4. Plenty of power to have some fun and play with the competition.
5. Interior Design is Very decent and does look nice.
6. Factory Mach 460 sound system is great!
7. Extremely reliable & very easily modifiable.
Things that should be fixed:
1. Have 3.73 Rear Diff gears from factory.
2. Fog Lights that don't fog.
3. Sun Roof would be nice option.
4. Get rid of those worthless rear seats.
5. dash cluster & some interior features could use some spicing up(thank god for aftermarket)
6. The stock shifter is like driving a semi, a shorter throw would be nice(yay for aftermarket)
7. would have been nice to see a little more power to compete hand & hand with the 5.7L LS1. Sure their is the Cobra, but even the 4v DOHC should have been making more then 320HP.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.