Rob's Mustang review
By robert j. carrico on
2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe
I purchased this car in 2000 brand new. It had only 2.5 mi. on it when I test drove it. I have had other Mustangs in the past and this one is much better driving in inclement weather than the rest. I also believe it is the best built of all the past Mustangs. Throttle response in this one even today after 50,000 miles is incredible. Transmission is still a sure hook and the car has never let me down when it comes time to start it. I have even driven it in eight inches of snow and it got me home driving eleven miles. No problems with this car at all.
Favorite Features
I like the cruise control and the five speed shifter. The exhaust sound just screams MUSTANG! For a sport car the ride is very surprising and quiet, until you crank up the impressive stock Mach stereo system.
Suggested Improvements
More horsepower and acceleration in stock form, and bigger wheels and tires from the factory. The window in mine hasn't died yet but, it is already tired. How about a more masculine horn? How about mandatory hood scoops that make a statement as stock form? How about a six speed in GT?