Classic American Muscle Car
By cason234 on
Vehicle2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe
ReviewI've owned my 2000 Mustang GT for only 9 months, and I've already put it for sale.....
how can I write a favorable review of it if I don't even wish to keep it?
Yet, the car really is terrific - it just doesn't stir my soul!
Mine has 75,000 miles on it (bought it with 65,000), and it has been nothing but pleasure to own.
I bought it and immediately lowered it with H&R springs (the wheel gap on 99-04 Mustangs is HIDEOUS), and put a Pro5.0 shifter in it.
If I was keeping it, I'd put a set of Flowmasters and 4.10 gears on it.
I love the fact that you have a bread and butter V8 in here that anyone can repair (if needed) that still has performance that'll whollop many cars on the road.
Best Features- High revving V8 engine - this Ford SOHC 4.6 engine appears in hundreds of thousands of other Fords and Lincolns..... and it's good! - excellent clutch action; not too heavy, and not too light - wonderful shifting transmission - nice interior - super dependable. In 9 months and 10,000 miles, not a single problem with it. - easy to work on.... this technology has been around for years - anyone can work on this car (if needed) - tons of aftermarket parts for it - gets lots of looks and compliments
Worst FeaturesAfter driving this car for a while, I've never liked the suspension. It is firm (I added lowering springs, and I like that), but you can certainly feel the flex in the chassis. Handling doesn't quicken the pulse as I expected it would. I love the tossability of other cars, and this car seems like its 80% of the way there, but the remaining 20% is lacking. The rear axle almost seems disconnected from the front of the car. I'm sure there are aftermarket parts that would tighten things up, but should you have to do that? The Mach 460 stereo is only mediocre.
Comments (0) Post a Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment.