2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Fun in the Stang

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible

Fun in the Stang
By theprincereturns on

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car last spring after I was in an accident in my 2000 Mustang coupe. The convertible is a lot more fun of a car to drive around, and I have been very happy with the reliability of both of the cars. I love the look and drive of the car as well, and recommend the manual transmission, and the V6 if you are doing your own maintenance (more room in the engine compartment makes it easier to access). Road noise and comfort of the convertible make it much less enjoyable on long road trips. After an hour or two on the highway with the top down, your ears will be ringing for hours afterwards. Also you will need excellent tires or more weight in the back to keep traction in rain or snow.

Got one with leather interior, and I enjoy it a lot. Even the non premium sound system is very good, and I am plenty happy with the acceleration even of the V6. Any more and I would be tempted to speed way too much.

Road noise, and weight balance of the car (more to the rear) could have been improved. Also trunk is pretty small. Fine for 2 people, not great for more than that though.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review