Dangerous underpowered rust bucket
By Nick on
2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe
The car's interior is a joke. Cheap, boring plastic. It was outdated even for 20 years ago. The V6 is severely underpowered. Good luck accelerating in 5th gear unless you've got a ton of momentum. Almost anything over an entry level 4 banger is faster. In snow, it is undriveable. In the rain, it is just plain dangerous. Hydroplanes, and cannot get traction. The car feels unsafe. At high speeds, it was bumpy, and felt loosely connected to the road. The car rusted out completely on bottom. Could pick chunks of rust off the frame. I sold it to an unsuspecting buyer, who probably will have to part it out or crush it. In the near future. AC was terrible. Tires go flat
Favorite Features
Paint quality was strong. No paint chips. Generally reliable for the 40,000 miles I owned it.
Suggested Improvements
Ford needs to use better quality metal and galvanize better/better rust protection. This car was well taken car off, and barely driven over the 8 years I had it. This rust should have never happened. Ford should be ashamed. This car was a joke.
By lknightstep
on 07/28/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

I owned a 2000 6 cylinder Mustang also, and I had a very different experience ( see Mustang Sally above). After 13 years, there is not a speck of rust on the car. The convertible top and paint are in like new condition as is the interior. The tires never went flat and the interior is not boring. I gave it to my grandson for his graduation present (2013) and he loves it as much as I did. I think Nick is the joke, not the car ("selling it to an unsuspecting buyer"). If it was so terrible and unsafe, why did you keep it for 8 years, Nick? You sound like a jerk!