Used 2000 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My Experience
By SoS

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 16,000 miles on it for $9,000 dollars from a friend. It has been nothing but amazing since that day. I have added a cold air intake, tinted the windows and put on an amazing exhaust. I get about 30 miles per gallon in the highway and about 14 in the city (without any air conditioning). I had to change the CCRM which ran for about 140 dollars , but this seems to be a really rare problem, I was just unlucky. I would recommend different rims and tires, because traction in the rain is horrible; I have crashed 3 times. All of which kept my car in perfect condition, but ruined the other cars lol.

Amazing exhaust tone once I replaced the stock one.

Exhaust, intake.

Just simply amazing!
By Joe A

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I'm 16 and I bought a 2000 Mustang GT as my first car. Having a 5 speed manual makes this car a blast to drive. The car handles beautifully in dry weather, have yet to drive it in anything wet. Since I am in high school, it's nice seeing heads turn everywhere I go. The full Flowmaster exhaust sure helps bring attention to my car. Only thing I have to say is it is a eye-catcher, especially for the COPS. So drive safe and be careful!

Sound, comfort,and watching people check out your car.

Exhaust, sound system,better placed cup holders.

Love this car!
By MorganFox

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car when it had 38k on it. Have not had any major mechanical issues and I just passed 80k. Have taken the car on a few road trips. It handles well, gets good gas mileage and the sound system is awesome. Am starting to experience a bit of loss in power, sounds like I may have a small exhaust issue towards the front of the vehicle, sometimes now when I shift the brake light comes on momentarily and if I rev the RPM's too high the battery light flashes. But all in all it is a great vehicle.

Mach sound system, cornering ability, power driver seat, pull out lights on the dash, good trunk space, all in all the front is comfy to sit in for long trips.

Definitely has some hydroplane issues in the rain, cupholder is in a bad place when shifting, trunk needs larger opening so a normal size cooler, etc. can go through it.

Loved it at first...
By JDD

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased my Mustang with less than 20 miles and enjoyed it until I hit the 40K mark. I have taken great care of my car hoping it would last a long time, but it hasn't made a difference. I have owned the car for over four years now and in the last year it has been literally falling apart. I have had problems with the brakes, the passenger door, the power side mirrors, the a/c, and the transmission. The car still turns heads as I approach but the loud engine kills the mood. I did not get my money's worth and I will not buy another Ford.

The body design and highway handling.

Improve the comfort of the driver seat, the engine is too loud. The interior shift runs very hot and has burned me on occasion. The very plastic interior has just been falling apart. A few extra dollars on the interior materials would have given me a much improved experience.

Great pony car
By mustnag46

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to own. It gets great economy (25+ highway) which isn't why I bought it! Performance car with easy to add options (B&M shifter, programmable computer). The performance is there if you dare to drive it like it is meant to be driven. I have had no maintenance problems. And the car just looks great. It is a classic (outlasted the Camaro and Firebird) and the new '05 looks better.

V8 and stick shift.

Bring back the fastback. The rear seat is really useless for all but short rides.