Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Reliable, Fun and Quick
By siciliano_88

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My car has all the options and the mach stereo system. I have spent $0 repairing this Mustang other than neccesary ex. oil, fluids, and have had no problems. The v6 has plenty of power for the everyday user and unbelievable gas mileage on the highway. I put on a fuel induction preformance kit and now it sounds amazing, with great throttle response. I could not be happier!

Great styling, throaty exhaust, quickness, stereo and the fact that Ford made something dependable for once.

More cushion on the seats in the leather interior, cup holders need to be moved.

Addicted to my Mustang!
By Robin

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I have never been dissapointed. I passed 90,000 miles a few months ago and it runs great! I did have to replace the brake pads but it wasnt a big deal. 4 people in my family drive Mustangs ranging from 1988 to 2000 and we all feel the same way!

Great power, and I love the sound system!

None

Completely Satisfied
By klauer

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Mustang! It has 85,000 miles on it and no problems. Definitely the funnest car I've ever had. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

The V8, dual exhaust, and mach sound system

One of the cupholders is in the way of shifting.

Surprising Performance
By dave

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I wasn't looking for a Mustang and have never been a big fan. I saw this 7 year old vehicle with less than 55k miles while looking at other convertibles. I gave it a try because of the low price and was really impressed. I actually liked the handling better than Mustang GT convertibles I'd driven. I was surprised by how powerful the V6 felt with the 5 speed manual. My particular car must have spent a lot of time in the garage based on the low mileage, tight feel, and nearly flawless interior and exterior. I thought I'd miss the quick open/close of the top that I had with a Miata, but this power top is fast and seems well made. On the road the blue color seems one of the least common.

Performance, convertible top, looks.

Every Mustang 5 speed transmission I've ever driven feels the same. There are plenty of other shifters I've used (Miata, Mini, Audi) that just feel right. Each position feels well-defined and the shifter wants to go in each one. That's what the Mustang 5 speed lacks.

Mystang
By mystang

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Well my mom got this Mustang in 03 for a real good deal. It's one of a kind (black w/ white top and white leather). Now I drive it mostly and I have to say it is fun. It is quite poor at low rps however when it's up there, it's really up there. Had tranny problems and power widow control sank into door. Fog lights are constant problem. Back seat is nonexistent and front is uncomfortable. Stereo is awesome though. other than above mentioned problems, this car seems quite reliable.

Mach 500 sound system, reasonable gas mileage for a V8. FAST!

Better seats! Gas mileage still can be better. Better interior quality...but most things are addressed in newer models.