2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews 9

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Fun in the Sun!
By ConvertibleConvert on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this vehicle used in 2003 from a private owner who stored it in the wintertime as I am now doing. It's a blast to drive especially with the top down. I'm definitely going to consider a future Mustang convertible possibly a GT for some more power.

Will definitely buy another!!!!!!!!
By codyandpappa on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2002 and it had 49,000 miles on it now it has 74,000 and i've had absolutely NOTHING go out on this car.All i've had to buy for this car is gas and that is it.I will buy another one but with a V-8 this time.

frustration
By ns on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

bought new to use only as a daily driver no racing at all. i have had continuous problems since day one - car has 28884 miles on it. The engine has been replaced twice,motor mounts replaced, head gasket replacement twice,transmission and drive shaft replaced, all air condition vents replaced 5 times.just found out my engine,drive shaft and transmission needs replacing again. toyota dealership for me next week, now we know why toyota knocked ford out of it's number 2 spot - dissatisfied customers like me multiplied thousands of times. enough said.

Dream Come True!!!
By Mustangmayhem on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Long before the time I was old enough to even sit behind the wheel of a car I dreamed of owning a mustang. That dream finally came true and I could not be happier. This 2000 silver mustang convertible with a black top is simply amazing, From performance to looks. I believe that body style of the mustang from '99-04 is one of the best body styles since the mustangs of 19641/2- 67. I wish the gas mileage was a little better but, I can not complain because I am finally driving a mustang.

Delayed Reaction
By SeanD on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

First new car...thought it was amazingly fast and handled superbly. Then I got dusted by nearly every other new car on the road. A bigger motor would tear this cheaply made car apart if the wheels could ever get a grip on the pavement. My tires deflate on their own. My paint is fading. Everytime I bring the car in for maintenance, it comes out stained or sloppily re-assembled. Seatbelt rollers broken, controls for power driver seat popping out, no air flows to passenger side vents. Car shakes at 70 mps - ford won't fix bec. mechanics won't drive that fast to find problem.

Love this mustang
By Strawberry on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love the look of the mustang (this is my 4th one), and I am not disappointed. It is hard to handle in the ice and rain, but has only been in the shop 2x for major repair since I have owned it. A computer modulator went out (causing the battery to drain and some electrical problems) and I am now replacing the rear end. Otherwise this has been reliable and would buy ford again. miles now are 109,000

My Sweetheart
By ShanSR on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Its the fourth year that I own this car, and this is an absolute beauty both inside the hood and out. With jet black exterior and black leather this is the best car to burn the hot Asphalt of the Texas roads. I haven't had any issues and well... I knew the deal with the gas guzzling when I got the car so won't complain. If any complaints, its the guranteed tendency she has to run her rear off the road when starting on a slick road... even with traction, you ought to be careful with this baby. Well, by and large this is a mare that I'll ride anyday.

Love my Mustang
By EWS on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It's been fun, reliable, and cheap. Every once and a while I go looking at new (much more expensive) cars and I end up asking myself, "why?". Only problem I've had is a vibrating clutch pedal that's been there since it was new. Every time I take it in, the mechanic either wants to replace the whole clutch (which they did once, under warranty), or he says, "they all do that". It's annoying, but I live with it. Put a set of Blizzaks on the thing and it's even great in the snow!

Great Fun
By donaghms on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Never had such fun in a ragtop. Handling is nice and involving, I can throw out the back end and control it. It zips round country lanes with ease; it turns heads; it leaves boy racers standing. Now where can I get me the money for a Saleen SC?

my 42nd car
By kenny B on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I have the v6 convertable with 5 speed in blue/black top/leather interior. No mechanical failures with car. No data on 5 speed aside from my own-no problems, notchy,occ missed shift. Insurence is expencive, a new Corvet would only be $7.50 more per month, an RX 8 would be $2.50 less per month. The v6 with 5 speed is about as quick as the v8 with automatic, and provides enough performance to satisfy most people who want v8 power. The convertable top is excellent- shows no wear after 4 years of taking it up and down daily in the blazing Arizona sun. To sum it up- a bargain used performance car that is dependable and fun, but expencive to insure.