Used 2000 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2000 Ford Mustang Review
By Crouton37

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Handles great. It is reliable, however gas is a big issue. Car gets on an average between 16-18 miles per gallon, mostly highway driving, with either 87 or 89 octane.

Favorite Features

The body style is great. I love the deep starting sound when the engine is turning over.

Suggested Improvements

More horses. Car was beat by a Ford Focus at a light. Not cool.

Will definitely buy another!!!!!!!!
By codyandpappa

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2002 and it had 49,000 miles on it now it has 74,000 and i've had absolutely NOTHING go out on this car.All i've had to buy for this car is gas and that is it.I will buy another one but with a V-8 this time.

Favorite Features

The 5-Speed Manual Transmission and the AWESOME exhaust sound

Suggested Improvements

Make the seats more comfortable.

frustration
By ns

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

bought new to use only as a daily driver no racing at all. i have had continuous problems since day one - car has 28884 miles on it. The engine has been replaced twice,motor mounts replaced, head gasket replacement twice,transmission and drive shaft replaced, all air condition vents replaced 5 times.just found out my engine,drive shaft and transmission needs replacing again. toyota dealership for me next week, now we know why toyota knocked ford out of it's number 2 spot - dissatisfied customers like me multiplied thousands of times. enough said.

Favorite Features

the only thing i like is the mach 460 stereo system

Suggested Improvements

better quality,better mechanics,better customer service

Delayed Reaction
By SeanD

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

First new car...thought it was amazingly fast and handled superbly. Then I got dusted by nearly every other new car on the road. A bigger motor would tear this cheaply made car apart if the wheels could ever get a grip on the pavement. My tires deflate on their own. My paint is fading. Everytime I bring the car in for maintenance, it comes out stained or sloppily re-assembled. Seatbelt rollers broken, controls for power driver seat popping out, no air flows to passenger side vents. Car shakes at 70 mps - ford won't fix bec. mechanics won't drive that fast to find problem.

Favorite Features

Looks good when paint is in good condition. Mach 450 is a good sound system. Engine hasn't broken yet.

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier car, BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE. Ford claims its mechanics are trained, I think they're trained in not spotting problems, creating new ones, and taking excessive amounts of time doing it. (5 hours for oil change and tire rotation).

Love this mustang
By Strawberry

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love the look of the mustang (this is my 4th one), and I am not disappointed. It is hard to handle in the ice and rain, but has only been in the shop 2x for major repair since I have owned it. A computer modulator went out (causing the battery to drain and some electrical problems) and I am now replacing the rear end. Otherwise this has been reliable and would buy ford again. miles now are 109,000

Favorite Features

Look of body, easy to add a sunroof. Handling is good in dry weather. Lots of heads turning. Great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Better traction for ice, rain. Bigger tires.