2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Regret Buying it!!!!
By SIX on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

The good looks of this car make it a big seller. Thats what suckered me into it. Two years later: Every piece of plastic on the interior rattles, all a/c vents are broke, the transmission shutters on take off and "pops" when downshifting. But I am told by Ford and their little computer that this is normal and nothing is wrong with the car. But I wonder why it did not do that the first few months. The car also holds NO VALUE... Which is making it difficult to trade. From my experience with this car I will never buy another Mustang, possibly not even another Ford.

2000 Black Mustang
By HotGirl on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my Mustang in July 2000, at first I liked it, but then as I began to drive it I realized alot of wind noise comes through the car. When it rains, pinging on the hood. A couple of months after having the car, there was a rear seal leak, it was leaking transmission fluid causing an awful smell while the A.C. was on, the delaership had the car for a week, stuck with awful rental car, which I had to throw a fit to actually get a rental car. My black paint has looked awful since a few months after buying, it does not have the sheen other cars I have had, not matter how much it is cleaned, waxed, etc. I am currently looking to trade my car in, and it will not be a FORD.

2000 Ford Mustang
By cindy2001 on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Interior looks bad. There are waves in the frame around the doors and windows.

Black HB Mustang
By Tim Hund on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Smooth power, agile handling, smart styling and low price makes me feel good about the purchase of my Black Mustang

Having second thoughts
By i_ntmid8_u@yahoo.com on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have mixed feelings about my Mustang. Although the car is fun to drive and easy on the eyes, I have not been too satisfied. The auto insurance is sky high. I have had mechanical problems (valves rattling, car would not crank). Ford could never find out what was wrong. The gas mileage is not good. I get about 20 miles per gallon. I have 33,000 miles on my car and I just replaced the tires because they were bald. This is from normal driving. The tires are also very expensive because you have to buy performance tires. I'm not trying to turn anyone off from buying the Mustang; just realize that it is a very expensive car to keep up.

v-6 rocks
By Stangrider on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

the new v-6 has very good power(manual transmission), much better than 94-98 v6 mustang. awesome amounts of torque. seats not very comfortable, no rear seat room. need to upgrade tires to get decent performance. performance lags when engine is at normal operating temperature or if hot outside

unfortunate buy
By dissappointed on 03/09/02 14:22 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

poor ergonomic design, poor comfort, below average reliability

Nothing beats it !!!
By cape on 03/03/02 10:14 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

For the price, nothing can compare. Most bang-for-the-buck. Excellent reliability. The v-6 has sufficient power, but we would all like a little more no matter what we're driving now. Gas milage is surprisingly good. Decent mobility even in the snow; mine has 4 snow tires mounted on steel rims. Overall great value for the money