Used 2000 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very fun, very reliable
By todd24tx

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is the third Mustang I have owned, and all I can say is that all three have been vey reliable, and the 2000 model has been the best I've owned. I'm well past the 100,000 mile mark and all I have had to do for repairs is replace the low pressure cutoff switch for the a/c (all of $30).

Performance, reliability, exterior design, and the Mach 460 stereo.

Better seats, and a much shorter throw shifter for the 5 speed. There is acreage between gears that robs the car of its full potential.

6 years of racing and daily driving
By Kmustang01

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

First off let me say I love this car, with the exception of a few things. I really hate the market value, so this one will stay with me 25k paid for a fully loaded GT...Now I can sell according to KBB 7k....that part stinks. I have done some performance work to my car (pullies, gears, exhaust w/o cats, cold air intake, and chip) so far I have had no problems with anything mechanical. I have replaced parts that are considered normal wear and tear (struts, shocks, and springs) at 100k.I still get a lot of compliments on my car now so the body design is holding up well. The interior could be made better, the door pieces break easily and the weather stripping on the door has been replaced 4 times.

The design. No one every gets the year model right. Cops constantly have to ask me! Spring Edition package, rare find so mine does not like identical to ever other Performance Red Gt. Oh and I can't forget the deep tone rumble from my exhaust! Mustangs have a sound all of their own.

Upgrade the door panels, they come off to easily. Glad to see the 05's and up have something more than one color plastic on the interior.

Ford dies fast
By Greenmustang

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I initially bought this car brand new in 2000, and it was awesome. However, it quickly started to have some serious issues. I had to replace the alternator at 45K, and the rear end work at 55. My check engine light was on for 3 years, after multiple repeated attemts at fixing it finally was fixed. I had an Escort before the Mustang, and it had similar reliability issues. My next car will be a Honda or Toyota.

Look, and drive of the car is fun.

Make it more reliable. Holy cow, way too much on repairs.

Reliable, Fun and Quick
By siciliano_88

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

My car has all the options and the mach stereo system. I have spent $0 repairing this Mustang other than neccesary ex. oil, fluids, and have had no problems. The v6 has plenty of power for the everyday user and unbelievable gas mileage on the highway. I put on a fuel induction preformance kit and now it sounds amazing, with great throttle response. I could not be happier!

Great styling, throaty exhaust, quickness, stereo and the fact that Ford made something dependable for once.

More cushion on the seats in the leather interior, cup holders need to be moved.

Addicted to my Mustang!
By Robin

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have never been dissapointed. I passed 90,000 miles a few months ago and it runs great! I did have to replace the brake pads but it wasnt a big deal. 4 people in my family drive Mustangs ranging from 1988 to 2000 and we all feel the same way!

Great power, and I love the sound system!

None