Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Aweome First Car
By CSeabaugh

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Just bought my red 2000 Mustang GT fully loaded with every option checked but the automatic transmission from a private owner a couple weeks ago as my first car (I'm 20) and I love the thing. Its perfect for a 20 year old guy. V8, stick shift, enough room for me and a friend. Has plenty of power both on the highway and in town and it handles great. I'm very glad I bought it. I haven't experiences it in the snow yet which I'm a bit nervous about but you'll definitely be seeing a review by then.

V8 power, Leather, 5 speed stick shift, Mach sound system.

Less plastic in the interior and less gaps. Also a more intuitive power seat arraignment. That being said, the interior isn't a bad place to be.

Tamed Pony
By Jae

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Got this car used with 65K miles, since I couldn't afford an Accord or Solara Coupe. Overall the car has been pretty good to me. No major repairs, just maintenance. This car is NOISY. Ford really cut a lot of corners when it came to quality and craftsmanship. Wind noise intrudes at high speeds and it feels like a shopping cart on rough roads. The power-steering wines, but this seems to be common. The seats are a joke, they offer little to no support up front. This cars goes through brakes fairly quickly. My driver's side windows sticks in hot weather, paint has faded, and the engine rattles at high RPMS. Transmission seal leaks are common as well, but that's been the most of my problems.

Man, this thing is a beauty, especially with the 20 inch chrome wheels i added. I also added dual exhaust, to give it a better note. Power is adequate, but there could always be more. Parts aren't overly expensive and there are tons of modifications available.

Build quality seems to be improved on the 05 and newer models. A tad more space in the back wouldn't be bad, but then again don't buy this car if you plan on hauling people around.

Mustang Sally
By Lynne Knightstep

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

My daughter and son-in-law bought this car for me, brand-new as a gift in 2000. I love this car and have lots of fun driving it. It has never had anything go wrong with it in the 9 years that I have owned it. It is a beautiful black convertible, very sleek and sporty. This is my second Mustang (owned the first model in 1965) and I highly recommend them.

The sleek, sporty appearance and the Stero System. Extremely dependable car.

It is a little difficult getting out of the car.

Powerful V6 Pony!
By HVF4

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This was my dream car since I was a little boy.Im 20 years old now and ive been wanting this car since it came out!And 8 years later its mine as a High School Graduation present from my parents. For a 3.8l V6 Engine its really fast and powerful.I yet to add a cold air intake and exhuast but even without it it saves a lot of gas and its very fast.Sure it isnt a GT(V8) with 260+HP but how it is now(190HP) its pretty fast.Exterior looks great,A+. Interior is kinda plain,But hey ITS A MUSTANG!!Sound System is great,but since mine was used the original MACH 460 System was taken out before I bought it. I Have A Sony Stereo and its BADASS!This car always turns heads.American Muscle Beats Import!!!!

The Whole Car IS GREAT!

If your into "Features" this car is totally upgradable.If your into "Fuel Economy" this car doesnt dissapoint,It runs at 18-21 MPG.Sure it isnt a "GREEN" car,BUT it IS a MUSTANG!And Mustang Drivers dnt care about that since we get places faster anyways and save the same amount gas.

Powerful, Reliable V8
By Cody

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

An all around great quality car. I highly recommend it. The V8 has plenty of power, I have added exhaust and Intake which are a must for this model. The exhaust adds that mean rumble while the intake adds hp and saves major gas. The only down side is the interior is cheap, but doesn't look too bad. It is also rough in the winter, but what car isn't?

Loud, Powerful, Convertible, 5-speed, awesome look, good gas mileage, and reliable.

The cup holder is in the way of shifting gears. 5th gear is a joke, major power loss.