2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
The horse keeps trottin'
By Ed on 04/29/06 10:24 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased my car private party about 3 years ago. In the 3 years of owning it, I have come to find a few things. These are very tight convertibles, well made with a lot of power. They are also one of the quietest on the road with the top up. Plenty of power, and decent gas mileage around town, but can get very good when on the open road driving long distances. Coming from a 5.0, I was hesitant on a 4.6 car, but made sure I got a 99-up with the 265HP. Plenty of power to set you straight. My only issue is the coolant sensor light that seems to be a typical issue with the 99-00 cars. Get a 5 speed. The resale on the automatic cars is poorer.

Good car
By Daniel on 03/12/06 14:50 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 1 1/2 years ago, after doing a lot of research. And so far I am very satisfied with it. It is a Consumer Reports "Good Bet" as it seems to a reliable vehicle. It is a sharp looking car, with lots of potential if you can afford to upgrade it. It is fun to drive in the snow with snow tires on.

My Experience
By SoS on 02/27/06 18:29 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 16,000 miles on it for $9,000 dollars from a friend. It has been nothing but amazing since that day. I have added a cold air intake, tinted the windows and put on an amazing exhaust. I get about 30 miles per gallon in the highway and about 14 in the city (without any air conditioning). I had to change the CCRM which ran for about 140 dollars , but this seems to be a really rare problem, I was just unlucky. I would recommend different rims and tires, because traction in the rain is horrible; I have crashed 3 times. All of which kept my car in perfect condition, but ruined the other cars lol.

Awesome
By stang on 02/25/06 20:12 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I have read everyone's reviews about this Mustang, and I must say, I have had no problems with my car ever! Not only that but the people that I bought it from also had no problems with this car. So I'm sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences, mostly it was the fact you had a bad dealer, but the car itself is amazing; fast, quick, and very comfortable (for two people, the back seat is kinda small).

Just simply amazing!
By Joe A on 01/21/06 07:31 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I'm 16 and I bought a 2000 Mustang GT as my first car. Having a 5 speed manual makes this car a blast to drive. The car handles beautifully in dry weather, have yet to drive it in anything wet. Since I am in high school, it's nice seeing heads turn everywhere I go. The full Flowmaster exhaust sure helps bring attention to my car. Only thing I have to say is it is a eye-catcher, especially for the COPS. So drive safe and be careful!

Love this car!
By MorganFox on 11/30/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car when it had 38k on it. Have not had any major mechanical issues and I just passed 80k. Have taken the car on a few road trips. It handles well, gets good gas mileage and the sound system is awesome. Am starting to experience a bit of loss in power, sounds like I may have a small exhaust issue towards the front of the vehicle, sometimes now when I shift the brake light comes on momentarily and if I rev the RPM's too high the battery light flashes. But all in all it is a great vehicle.

fun performer
By mustang on 09/30/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

This is a fun car to drive around town. It gets decent gas mileage, and is reliable. I purchased this vehicle new, and it has never had a single mechanical problem.

Not my best Ford
By SAP on 09/17/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Bought from CarMax at 18k miles 1k miles later they rebuilt the rear gear box to try to get rid of the moaning sound between 40 and 50 miles an hour on deceleration. Never worked. At 90k the gear box was rebuilt again because of a constant whir. Let's see, at 70k I got a new front end. Top's starting to leak. Valves tap a lot if you don't keep cleaning the injectors ($$). Travel 150 miles a day at an average 72 miles an hour. Time to clean injectors again and probably replace the egr valve. My 9th Ford and probably my last if Toyota makes a larger truck.

Loved it at first...
By JDD on 08/31/05 03:27 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Purchased my Mustang with less than 20 miles and enjoyed it until I hit the 40K mark. I have taken great care of my car hoping it would last a long time, but it hasn't made a difference. I have owned the car for over four years now and in the last year it has been literally falling apart. I have had problems with the brakes, the passenger door, the power side mirrors, the a/c, and the transmission. The car still turns heads as I approach but the loud engine kills the mood. I did not get my money's worth and I will not buy another Ford.

Great pony car
By mustnag46 on 06/19/05 21:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to own. It gets great economy (25+ highway) which isn't why I bought it! Performance car with easy to add options (B&M shifter, programmable computer). The performance is there if you dare to drive it like it is meant to be driven. I have had no maintenance problems. And the car just looks great. It is a classic (outlasted the Camaro and Firebird) and the new '05 looks better.